Adult cystic acne ...

Notifications
Clear all

Adult cystic acne & vitamin A

MemberMember
(@honey125)

Posted : 05/06/2018 3:09 am

Hi all, I™m new to this website and have been browsing around for any recommendations that I have not previously tried. I™m 26 from the uk, I have had acne from the age of 13 and as I turned 18 it turned quite severe, day by day as one healed another showed up. During this time I covered up with makeup and plenty of it. I went on like this for years, trying the diannetye pill, that was like a godsend, cleared up my acne to the point of one random one around the time of my period. If they wouldn™t let me stay on this long term, I then went on to have children, have 2 children and during pregnancy I found that I didn™t suffer very badly but post birth my hormones rocked and after this point I started developing very huge cysts around my chin/mouth literally alternating sides and then what seemed to feel like they reappeared again. Over the years and still now I do not eat dairy, surely chocolate, I follow all the obvious rules in terms of preventing acne, i usually get them when it™s the time of the month but I have long periods sometimes a whole month of none stop! :( doctors Don™t seem to do anything. i eat a healthy diet and just recently I started taking vitamins as I™d seen many posts around the internet about vitamin a, b5, zinc. I started taking these whilst I had a random really really good stage, I wish i hadnt  m:( within 4 days my kin became so dry it flaked, thought ohh this is going to work I™ll keep going. By day 6 started to get pimples in places id never usually get, around my nose, forehead, cheeks usually only  mouth area. And I figured my skin was purging, that after these had gone I would  see the  effects the vitamins. I was wrong. 4 weeks  I™m now getting full on cysts in places I™ve never got them before! So I™m back to square 1 worse! I have ordered the Neutrogena light thearapy mask,I will update on that once ive used it for at least a month. I feel at an all time low and suffer from anxiety and I feel as though my depressive episodes are becoming more frequent. I won™t leave the house without makeup on and I don™t feel feel comfortabke going to the gym anymore due to the fact I won™t go makeup free obviously makeup and sweat don™t mix well. I finally got referred to a dermatologist during that good stage I mentioned, he just said my acne isn™t bad despite  taking lots of photos with me with big cysts that had progressed to open wounds on my Face (the around my chin is that damaged that this  happens despite leaving them alone. So I feel like I should just give up on it all now will I ever ˜grow out of it?™ I just want to lead a normal life but I feel it™s taken over. My fianc© works long hours and I take care the children so I™m at home a  and have started to feel anxious every time I leave the house. We™re due to be married  in August and I am so scared of being ugly on our big day. Does anyone have anything they found worked for them? 

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/06/2018 6:45 am

The fact that your acne cleared with BC and that your period is so out of whack is warning sign that your acne is very much hormonal related. Have you been to an OBGYN to get that checked out? Taking random supplements may not help your particular situation, especially if you are not sure what is the driving force to YOUR acne. I'm not sure what the wait time on NHS is, but go see a gyno or at the very least, your family doctor to discuss the period thing further.

Hang in there girl!

MemberMember
(@honey125)

Posted : 05/07/2018 1:47 pm

Im scheduled in with my gp at 8.40 in the morning and Im determined to try to get to the bottom of this! As I mentioned it most definitely is Hormonal and having experienced super long periods as of lately (going from 2 a month to almost an entire month) I feel there is an underlying problem. Although I have to question why Ive had Cystic acne since I was 19-20 so I feel asthough if there is a problem, have I had this problem all along? My gp visits dont usually go go so well, they dont tend to listen very well and never seem to want to get to to the bottom of it, ever any tests and they seem to keep prescribing topical creams that dont even touch the surface with my acne. Be spent probably thousands now on so many creams, regimes and cleansers etc not to mention specific anti acne makeup. That i just feel I need something super strong to zap it completely! Upon my referral to the dermatologist my gp was actually helpful for a change (or maybe she got fed up of seeing my name on her schedule!) and she mentioned roaccutane however the derm just tried giving me some cream Ive already tried! I thought that day was going to Be the beggining of the end for me and it was complete fail after 6 months waiting. Does any one have any contraceptive pills that helped? I really need something quick acting seen as though I get married in 3 months. i feel like just something to get me through for her wedding even if it is just temporary.

MemberMember
(@sharpshooter)

Posted : 05/10/2018 8:45 am

I've read somewhere about reservatroltablets are useful for women that get acne when on the time of the month. Although a pricey, they sell them at Holland and Barretts.

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 05/16/2018 4:45 pm

Aww I'm so sorry you're going through this.  I feel like you're speaking about me 6 months ago. I wouldn't leave the house without a full face of foundation and concealer. 

I started using Rodan and Fields Unblemish line and it literally changed my skin.  It was my last resort before going on antibiotics (which I really didn't want to do)  I am a consultant for their products now because I fell in love with them and want to help others with their skin.  Unfortunately, they don't ship to the UK, but if you really wanted to try it, I could order it on my account for you and ship it to you.  Message me if you're interested or want any more information. :)

MemberMember
(@maplesyrupmama)

Posted : 06/09/2018 10:57 am

Hi - cystic acne around my mouth and chin has been a problem for me too. I've finally been clear 15 months; I use benzoyl peroxide 2.5% every night on my problem area.