Notifications
Clear all

Help with treatment plan! Has anyone tried TCA cross + Venus Viva?

MemberMember
(@awaiteddingo)

Posted : 05/05/2018 11:12 am

Hi- I could really use some advice about scar treatments! I did accutane two years ago and am almost completely clear, but my cheeks were left with a mixture of scarred pores, small/shallow boxcar scars, and 2-3 icepick scars per side. My cheeks look quite similar to this person's skin, except the pores are bigger https://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/58743-50-tca-cross-experiment/?page=1

I went to see my dermatologist's technician for the first time yesterday, and she recommended 3-4 rounds of Venus Viva. I've looked this up and I'm a little confused about what it actually does. Has anyone had this treatment done? What were the results, and what type of scarring did you have?

She also said that she would be willing to do a few rounds of TCA cross on ~5 of the deeper scars (but not the scarred pores) on each cheek before the Venus Viva. She applied acid to one test scar, which looks a lot bigger right now (eep), but I'm waiting a few weeks to see if that changes.

Thank you in advance for your input!!!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/05/2018 4:22 pm

2 hours ago, AwaitedDingo said:

I went to see my dermatologist's technician for the first time yesterday, and she recommended 3-4 rounds of Venus Viva. I've looked this up and I'm a little confused about what it actually does. Has anyone had this treatment done? What were the results, and what type of scarring did you have?

She also said that she would be willing to do a few rounds of TCA cross on ~5 of the deeper scars (but not the scarred pores) on each cheek before the Venus Viva. She applied acid to one test scar, which looks a lot bigger right now (eep), but I'm waiting a few weeks to see if that changes.

Venus Viva is one of the many radiofrequency devices available on the market. There are many to choose from and you should read up on their respective differences. Check out the following thread for more info:

Comparison of Fractional Radiofrequency Devices

In regards to treatments, adding TCA to boxcars tends to make them even wider. So I suggest you get Venus first. Then evaluate after 3 months. That's about how long it takes for collagen production to peak. When the pits are filled enough, then consider either laser or TCA peel for resurfacing (eg. sanding down any rough edges).

MemberMember
(@awaiteddingo)

Posted : 05/06/2018 5:25 pm

On 5/5/2018 at 5:22 PM, Sirius Lee said:
In regards to treatments, adding TCA to boxcars tends to make them even wider. So I suggest you get Venus first. Then evaluate after 3 months. That's about how long it takes for collagen production to peak. When the pits are filled enough, then consider either laser or TCA peel for resurfacing (eg. sanding down any rough edges).

Thanks for your reply!

Doing venus first followed by TCA is the opposite of what the technician advised... Does it matter how large/deep my scars are? I'd say they're about 80% scarred pores, 15% icepicks, and 5% very small boxcar scars.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/06/2018 7:24 pm

i did tca cross 100% about 9 weeks ago. one or two seem wider than originally. The redness is fading super slowly. IDK if the trade off is worth it. Look into PHENOL CROSS, its supposed to be safer w same results.