Notifications
Clear all

Subcision/Filler/Laser - Europe

MemberMember
(@minnie1)

Posted : 05/05/2018 9:00 am

I have Fitzpatrick Skin Type V and had Erbium YAG laser resurfacing done 15 years ago on my cheeks, which didn™t do much for my scars and my cheeks ended up a shade lighter than my forehead/cheeks/under eye area.

I did a zillion fractional laser treatments with no improvement at all and most dermatologists are scared to treat me due to my skin color. I spent years slathering my face with hydroquinone and gave up as I saw no change in the skin color, I regret not getting my whole face done but then again it did nothing for my acne scars either, so was a waste of money, time and made things worse with the discoloration - I should just never have had it done. Additionally,  I am sick of wearing makeup all the time to camouflage the scars and the discoloration. When I first had the laser resurfacing done and was using makeup up, it clogged up my pores and made me breakout. Luckily there are now better brands in my skin color and I haven™t had acne in over 10 years after taking out dairy and starch from my diet. 

I live in Europe and Dr Lim recommended I see Chu or Henningsen. He mentioned I might need subcision and/or filler with light fractional co2 or RF Needling. This seems alright. I am not sure what the sequence is? You get subcision/filler done, then wait 3 months and get laser done and then 3 more months for next round of subcision/laser? Or is it done in one go? And does he treat you at the first visit? 

I can™t stomach the idea of PRP and after reading posts on here on Dr Chu™s procedure, I felt queasy enough to never want to attempt it. I think I will go to Dr Henningsen as he seems to be able to do fillers and laser as well. E38146EA-34F2-4779-8FAC-8B3301AA97F0.thumb.jpeg.2ed8b1543cc62c53cd1709b6ecccf373.jpeg045B9F4B-79F1-477B-A501-743863A28A64.thumb.jpeg.f4a97155d2d435478f9f4a6d2b491fdf.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/05/2018 4:35 pm

7 hours ago, Minnie1 said:

I live in Europe and Dr Lim recommended I see Chu or Henningsen. He mentioned I might need subcision and/or filler with light fractional co2 or RF Needling. This seems alright. I am not sure what the sequence is? You get subcision/filler done, then wait 3 months and get laser done and then 3 more months for next round of subcision/laser? Or is it done in one go? And does he treat you at the first visit?

The problem as I see it is that you tried to repave the road before filling any potholes. It should have been other way around. I don't think you will get much improvement from subcision, which isn't so effective for mild scars. Instead I suggest Sculptra, followed by Infini 4 weeks later. Wait 3 months, then evaluate. For optimal result, 2-3 Infini is recommended. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@minnie1)

Posted : 05/06/2018 1:14 am

I saw a dermatologist about INFINI and he didnt want to do it on my skin color as he said he has seen cases with pigmentation patches following treatment. As I mentioned before, most dermatologist are very hesitant to do anything except fraxel at a very low setting on my skin.

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 05/06/2018 2:24 am

I'd do the subcision anyway if I were you (and if the doctor offered it).I have quite superficial scars (small boxcars with no fibrosis, no fat loss), and they still responded very well to subcision.

MemberMember
(@minnie1)

Posted : 05/06/2018 6:19 am

Raster, how many subcisions did you do and what sort of filler?