Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hole left after pimple

I had a painful under the skin cyst that lasted a couple of weeks. I did NOT pick it or pop it, but did use hydrocolloid bandaids to help drain it and put benzoyl peroxide on it. Now, the cyst is finally gone except for redness where it was and a HUGE hole! I think the cyst formed because of a blackhead because that’s what it looked like when the cyst first started to form, so I think the hole is the pore with the gunk removed. Is there any hope for it to heal on its own? How should I treat it? Benzoyl peroxide? Glycolic acid? I also have Derma E Scar Gel; would that help if it’s an ice pick scar? I’ve been putting hyrocolloid bandaids on it during the day to hide it since it’s so embarrassing. I’m terrified that the hole will never close. 

Edited by Guest
Deleted photo.

Hope it healed okay! Similar happened to a cyst I had and I didn't pick either. I went to see a dermatologist about the hole it left on my right cheek. She decided stiches would be best, she used the same thing they would on moles to make the scar bleed/fresh. Unfortunately, when the nurse that was pulling off the stitches a week later wasn't so gental and it reopened. I still have the hole, but it is less deep now. It is still very noticeable. I am in the process of finding a plastic surgeon next. I'm losing hope. Pick them, they scar. Don't pick, and they still scar.

Update: The hole has closed, but is kind of bizarre...if I look REAL close, it looks like two little jagged lines, which I think might be ice pick scars. The area is still red with pigmentation and in certain lighting I can see that the area is pitted, so it’s like two little ice pick scars in a pit...it’s horrible in certain lighting but in other lighting is barely noticeable so it’s messing with my mind a little. I’m currently putting Derma E Scar Gel on it several times a day but I am not noticing a difference. I’m going to look into seeing a dermatologist but will probably have to wait a while as I have a baby I’m nursing and many topicals, etc. aren’t safe while nursing and I want to be able to explore all of my options.

Edited by Guest