Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm 20 years old with hormonal acne and I've been taking 25mg Spironolactone for just over a month now and in the past week I've had 2 migraines with auras. I only ever used to get these migraines when I was on birth control for over year, which I am now banned from taking as a result of the health risk. I can understand that the excess estrogen from BC would cause my migraines but as an anti androgen, I don't understand why Spiro is doing the same, especially in such a short amount of time. I know that spiro states that headaches can be a side effect but anyone who's had migraines knows that there's a huge difference between the two! Does anyone have any idea what could be happening? I can't carry on with this medication if I continue to get this side effect so any help would be much appreciated! 

Update: all my migraines previously to spiro have been hormone related but can the diuretic effect of spiro be causing them? I've been trying to make sure I drink a lot of water but I honestly haven't been keeping track with all the stress of final year at uni! Going to start being thorough with my water intake this week and report back if I notice a difference! 

Edited by Katylulu_