The acne.org regime...

Notifications
Clear all

The acne.org regime, will it work? I've tried Benzoyl Peroxide before!

MemberMember
(@christafari)

Posted : 05/03/2018 6:23 am

So I just wanted to ask a couple of things about this treatment. I have tried a couple of creams with benzoyl peroxide before from my derm but they didn't work. Is there any particular reason why this regime will work? I suppose the other creams and the washing of the face add a lot to the success of it, am I correct?

I am also wondering if you stop this regime, does the acne not just come back!? Especially as it isn't really getting to the root cause of the problem.

It would be great to get some opinions/advice about this, I am getting really anxious about my acne.

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 05/03/2018 10:57 am

Depends on the person. This regimen did not work for me. However, another regimen with benzoyl peroxide (and a sulphur face wash) has worked amazingly.

Unfortunately acne is not curable - if you find something that works, you'll need to use it continuously or you can expect the acne to come back.

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 05/04/2018 4:42 am

The regimen does work for the majourity of people. There might be a small probability that you are allergic to the BP but as far as I'm concerned it's pretty rare.

I've been on the regimen for about 6 months and my skin is more or less completely clear. Although it took about 2 months for me to clear up completely (I had moderate acne before). Before I ordered the regimen I used a local BP 5% product. This product did improve my skin a bit but not even close as good as the acne.org BP.

I also want to mention that I only use the BP 2.5% from acne.org. I dont use a cleanser at all and I'm using a local moisturizer since most of the moisturizers irritates my skin and makes it red.

MemberMember
(@senperfect)

Posted : 05/04/2018 4:44 am

I think It works, but maybe not for 100% people. Always will be someone who won't be satisfied.

MemberMember
(@christafari)

Posted : 05/04/2018 5:42 am

So I suppose you have to use it for life now? Did either of you try accutane?

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 05/04/2018 1:40 pm

I have not tried Accutane - that was my very last resort. Fortunately Rodan and Fields has cleared up my acne in 5 months, so hopefully I won't have to go that route!

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 05/06/2018 6:09 am

On 2018-05-04 at 1:42 PM, Christafari said:

So I suppose you have to use it for life now? Did either of you try accutane?

I haven't tried accutane. Well, I guess I will be using this regimen for as long as it doesnt cause me any serious side effects. So far I havent noticed any side effects aside from my red and dry skin. It might just be my skin, but my skin really is more reddish and dry when im on my regimen. This is in my opinion pretty annoying :/ .
I might reduce the usage of BP and only do it before bedtime and see if I can still have completely clear skin.

MemberMember
(@davidcorbin_1978)

Posted : 05/11/2018 10:28 am

acne.org regime work perfect for me! Thank you!