Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AghhNe

Scar treatment on new scars?

Hi, so I got a two cystic acne 2 weeks ago. they've subsided and left a dark mark but also a narrow boxscar and a narrow icepick scar. Can I single needle it or put 12.5 or 30% tca on these fresh scars to encourage remodeling?

DO NOT put acid on new "young" scars unless you want permanent ones. Use vaseline, or honey and aloe, or tripple antibiotic cream. They are fresh and need to heal, it takes more than 2 weeks. If your past the wound phase, start using silicone patches or liquid on the scars. You can try emu oil on the dark marks. The boxcar could fill in with time as the tissues have been damaged. 

Worry about needling after 2 months as you are healing. Hyperpigmentation can take a long time to resolve. 

If you have a fresh cut or scab, you couldn't put acid on it right, ... that's what you want to do here to your skin. 

Alright thank you guys! Will wait till until end of june before i try anything.

9 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

DO NOT put acid on new "young" scars unless you want permanent ones. Use vaseline, or honey and aloe, or tripple antibiotic cream. They are fresh and need to heal, it takes more than 2 weeks. If your past the wound phase, start using silicone patches or liquid on the scars. You can try emu oil on the dark marks. The boxcar could fill in with time as the tissues have been damaged. 

Worry about needling after 2 months as you are healing. Hyperpigmentation can take a long time to resolve. 

If you have a fresh cut or scab, you couldn't put acid on it right, ... that's what you want to do here to your skin. 

Alright thanks for the reply. I will wait at least until end of june if anything. By the way, im tryna remove my other hyperpigmentation marks by doing 12.5 tca peels. Should I avoid putting it on the area where the fresh scars are?