Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

olgacara

BP with bad scaring or trying accutane?

Hey everyone,

I have had mild but persistent acne for about 10 years (I am 24).The main place I am getting my cystic acne is my right jawline.I had been using different cleansers and anti-acne treatments (non BP) without avail.That's when I went to a dermatologist and she put me on Duac for 3 months. BP improved my hormonal acne quite a lot. Not 100% clear (I do get 1-2 cysts every months that take ages to heal and leave scars). To be honest, I would have been happy with my situation if I had no scars but the scars are hat make me feel very insecure.

I talked about scar treatment with my dermo but she told me that she won't do it until I'm 100% acne free for at least 3 months. She told me that one of the only treatments that could actuallyhelp would be to go on Isotretinoin 6 months with kinda low dose. I am kinda anxious about it cause side effects...

What do you guys think, should I stay with scars and using less damaging BP my entire life (sucks though...) or try going on accutane? If I stop BP my hormonal acne will come back for sure, I don't want it to be how it was before. I am so through it.

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes