Notifications
Clear all

So what can I do about a few rolling scars?

MemberMember
(@tomsawyer301)

Posted : 05/02/2018 9:52 am

I've tried expensive fillers that didn't last very long. Also tried using Dermastamp and Retin A. If they helped at all it was too small to notice.

I appreciate any advice.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/02/2018 10:18 am

First of all without a pic I am basically guessing here, if you can attach one that is helpful of a closeup of the scars.

Rolling scars:
Did you do subcision?

Some of us have to use filler for life, but there are more permanent options if you wish and are happy with the results you get.

With a picture I can tailor the advice more.

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 05/02/2018 10:19 am

25 minutes ago, TomSawyer301 said:

I've tried expensive fillers that didn't last very long. Also tried using Dermastamp and Retin A. If they helped at all it was too small to notice.

I appreciate any advice.

Have you tried subcision ? That usually helps. It improved mine. Btw, what fillers did you use and how long did they last ?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/02/2018 10:25 am

Guzm0268 Scar treatment is individualized so asking what filler is used and how long it lasts won't help much to your situation. We all heal differently, react to treatment differently. Filler can last longer in one than someone else's response. It depends where it's placed in anatomy.Some people metabolize filler quicker. Filler must be picked specifically for the patient's issues and not for what someone else uses. Putting Voluma - A thick HA filler for instance in a shallow rolling scar case would be silly and could lead to lumps, bumps, and poor aesthetic outcome.

MemberMember
(@tomsawyer301)

Posted : 05/02/2018 10:52 am

Ok here's a picture.

20180502_114632.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/02/2018 11:13 am

Is it just the one rolling scar, hard to tell from the picture. Regardless the below will work if the scars are similar.

You could do subcision 4times with Cannula (needle type), using HA filler (or you decide on something like Bellafill for the last treatment(s).

I know you have used filler before but not clear on the subcision part and there is a difference with HA and Cannula subcision, I would start here, and graduate to Bellafill once you baseline after these procedures. There is no reversal of Bellafill. Voluma is a Good HA filler for this type of scar.

Something will have to be done for texture once it's raised (but this is optional) ie. Erbium or TCA peels.

MemberMember
(@tomsawyer301)

Posted : 05/02/2018 11:35 am

It's 2 scars. The other is to the right of the obvious one. Sorry but I've never heard of subcision or anything else you are talking about. It's all new to me. Any videos on this procedure?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/02/2018 2:37 pm

[Removed media]

Search under categories ie. subcision.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 05/02/2018 7:49 pm

@TomSawyer301 IMO your scars should see VERY good improvement from subcision + filler. Both areas look tethered and It wouldn't surprise me if you saw at least 50% + or - from only like 1-2 sessions in the right hands.

MemberMember
(@tomsawyer301)

Posted : 05/03/2018 12:42 pm

I just watched a video of this procedure on youtube. Is it an ongoing treatment like every few years? How long will fillers last? What would I be looking at spending for this?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/03/2018 3:06 pm

@TomSawyer3014 times. See how much your body is stimulated only with a HA based filler. Yes the filler runs out but the point is it acts as a spacer and the body "can" replace it depending on how you heal. For some they do HA filler ongoing as we age many have to do this as well. I gave a fully permanent filler if you like how it looks bellafill. I would not start here it cannot be dissolved and is there forever. I would start withsub and HA.

No idea what your looking to spend for this, depends on your area. Call some dermatologists. We have a list in the FAQ I linked above. IT's quite affordable if you space it out (yearly) or save up also Credit Cards, Care Credit, Health Savings.

MemberMember
(@tomsawyer301)

Posted : 05/04/2018 2:48 pm

I'm 50, and have had these scars for almost 30 years. Otherwise my skin looks good...if this means anything.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/04/2018 3:08 pm

@TomSawyer301Go get subcison with bellafill if it's only 2 rolling scars, you want permanent, etc... That makes the most since in your case and age. * You can do HA filler once or twice to see how you like it before if you wish, Bella is permanent.