Notifications
Clear all

planning for filler

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 05/01/2018 1:04 pm

Hello,

I have posted here in the past, and i thought i would give an update and let you know my future plans and how i have been healing.

The procedures listed below is what i have done:
- subcison with TCA- July 2016
-subcision with TCA -November 2016
-3 or 4 microneedling with derminator

My thoughts on my healing/treatments:
-The TCA cross applied to box car scars take a long long time to heal, some are still not fully healed. I think my skin type is prone to hyperpigmentation, so with TCA i urge you to be really careful especially if you are ethnic. In general, I think some scars respond better than others, and it can actually cause damage if not applied correctly.

-I will not stop the use of TCA cross or any type of peels as i feel the improvement was minimal and actually made some worse.

-I feel my old Dr. was too aggressive. I had subcision on both sides of my face, cheeks,upper cheeks and temples. I feel like the subcision did help especially on my right cheek. However, i got nodules both times and a couple of them took almost one year to fully go away.

Future plans (procedure will be in early June) Advise/opinions are welcomed!

-HA filler, i specifically want to fill the ugly ugly scar on my right upper cheek,
MY MAIN QUESTION IS: Should i do subcision in that area and wait a while then do a filler?
I have done subcision on that scar twice and i feel like it has improved a little.
I do not think it is tethred, and I am hoping my new Dr. will be able to use filler only and no subcision

-what HA fillers do you guys think will work? I realize its the injector that matters the most and all the reviews on my new Dr. are good.

- I try to microneedle every 3-5 months "aggressively" with the derminator.

Please share your thoughts with me, pics below are from day one with zero procedures to today. Thanks!!!!

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 05/01/2018 2:01 pm

I really hope HA FILLER will be sufficient on its own and will get rid of that ugly scar on left cheek.
I dont want to do subcision or TCA again, too much stress and way too much recovery time.
I can live with the ice pic scars but the ugly one on my left cheek i need to get rid of!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/01/2018 2:59 pm

1 hour ago, guzm0268 said:

Future plans (procedure will be in early June) Advise/opinions are welcomed!

-HA filler, i specifically want to fill the ugly ugly scar on my right upper cheek,
MY MAIN QUESTION IS: Should i do subcision in that area and wait a while then do a filler?
I have done subcision on that scar twice and i feel like it has improved a little.
I do not think it is tethred, and I am hoping my new Dr. will be able to use filler only and no subcision

-what HA fillers do you guys think will work? I realize its the injector that matters the most and all the reviews on my new Dr. are good.

If the scars aren't tethered, then why subcise? There's no point. If the scars aren't severe, then why subcise? This is also pointless. Severe scars are severe because, in most cases, they are tethered, which is why the scars are so depressed in the first place.

Your scars don't appear severe. On a scale of 1-10, I would grade your scar as 4. Anything under 5 is a good candidate for RF treatment. So I suggest you get Infini. However, I suggest you inject Sculptra, which is a collagen-inducing filler, at least 4 weeks before receiving Infini. Stacking Infini and Sculptra will give a boost to collagen production. This will be especially beneficial for your cheeks, which is quite gaunt.You will likely need 3 Infini + Sculptra treatments, spaced out between 3-6 months.

HA fillers can be used as a quick fix for the boxcars and rolling scars. But they're not the best solution. Also the outcome is highly dependent on the injector. Should you meet a crappy injector, the outcome will be equally crappy.

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 05/01/2018 3:10 pm

8 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:
If the scars aren't tethered, then why subcise? There's no point. If the scars aren't severe, then why subcise? This is also pointless. Severe scars are severe because, in most cases, they are tethered, which is why the scars are so depressed in the first place.

Your scars don't appear severe. On a scale of 1-10, I would grade your scar as 4. Anything under 5 is a good candidate for RF treatment. So I suggest you get Infini. However, I suggest you inject Sculptra, which is a collagen-inducing filler, at least 4 weeks before receiving Infini. Stacking Infini and Sculptra will give a boost to collagen production. This will be especially beneficial for your cheeks, which is quite gaunt.You will likely need 3 Infini + Sculptra treatments, spaced out between 3-6 months.

HA fillers can be used as a quick fix for the boxcars and rolling scars. But they're not the best solution. Also the outcome is highly dependent on the injector. Should you meet a crappy injector, the outcome will be equally crappy.

I will definitely look into Sculptra. This filler is not HA correct ? I believe its PLLA.
Do you know if the risks are greater compared to an HA filler? I dont want any thing permanent for now.

I will look into Infini as well, i have heard good things about it.

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 05/01/2018 4:51 pm

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

What are your thoughts on Voluma or just any HA filler?
I want to be very conservative and i like these fillers becasue they can easily be dissolved if something goes wrong?
I know these are more "temporary" but i am willing to do them once or twice a year and eventually less often.

Idk about sculptra though, it seems like there are more risks.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/01/2018 6:39 pm

What percent tca cross did you do? How long did it take for the hyperpigmentation from the tca cross to fully recover? did you feel like some scars were wider for a few months and then they "filled in"? Did you feel like tea cross was a good idea or not?
thnx man. Ive received 2 RF micro needle tx if you have questions.

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 05/01/2018 7:12 pm

28 minutes ago, Amp2695 said:

What percent tca cross did you do? How long did it take for the hyperpigmentation from the tca cross to fully recover? did you feel like some scars were wider for a few months and then they "filled in"? Did you feel like tea cross was a good idea or not?
thnx man. Ive received 2 RF micro needle tx if you have questions.

Pretty sure the Dr. used 100%
Some scars took less than others, some in a few months but there are others that take one year and a half to fully recover.
I feel like tca is hit or miss for scars , some really improved, others not so much.
The box car scar definitely got wider but they have elevated over time but Im not sure if thr trade off was worth it. I probably would not do it again. Then again, my skin type is ethnic so that plays a huge role

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/01/2018 7:32 pm

2 hours ago, guzm0268 said:
What are your thoughts on Voluma or just any HA filler?
I want to be very conservative and i like these fillers becasue they can easily be dissolved if something goes wrong?
I know these are more "temporary" but i am willing to do them once or twice a year and eventually less often.

Idk about sculptra though, it seems like there are more risks.

Don't get Sculptra if you don't intend to pair it with Infini. If you only want fillers, then by all means get HA which is more predictable in outcome than Sculptra. But if you want more collagen production, then pairing Sculptra and Infini will be the way to go IMO.

So you already know that Sculptra is a PLLA filler. Hence, without boring you with technicalities, let me just tell you the most fundamental difference between PLLA and HA. First, both are made of biodegradable polymers, namely, they're temporary fillers. Major difference is that HA is a volumizer, whereas Sculptra is a collagen-stimulator. That is, HA adds volume; sculptra induces collagen by stimulating the production of fibroblast. With HA, the polymer remains under the skin for the entire duration of its shelf life. With Sculptra, most of the content injected, which is largely water and lidocaine, gets absorbed by the tissue within a matter of days. After a few days, you'll look the same as on the day you got your injection. What stays behind are the microparticles, which are responsible for the controlled fibroblast.

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 05/01/2018 7:42 pm

7 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:
Don't get Sculptra if you don't intend to pair it with Infini. If you only want fillers, then by all means get HA which is more predictable in outcome than Sculptra. But if you want more collagen production, then pairing Sculptra and Infini will be the way to go IMO.

So you already know that Sculptra is a PLLA filler. Hence, without boring you with technicalities, let me just tell you the most fundamental difference between PLLA and HA. First, both are made of biodegradable polymers, namely, they're temporary fillers. Major difference is that HA is a volumizer, whereas Sculptra is a collagen-stimulator. That is, HA adds volume; sculptra induces collagen by stimulating the production of fibroblast. With HA, the polymer remains under the skin for the entire duration of its shelf life. With Sculptra, most of the content injected, which is largely water and lidocaine, gets absorbed by the tissue within a matter of days. After a few days, you'll look the same as on the day you got your injection. What stays behind are the microparticles, which are responsible for the controlled fibroblast.

Thanks for explaining.
at the moment I do not plan to RF.
again Im being conservative due to my past experiences.
HA fillers plus Microneedling a couple months afterwards is my plan for the future

MemberMember
(@jaspa0411)

Posted : 05/01/2018 9:06 pm

@guzm0268 Thanks so much for this post and the photos. With your subcision - did the dr subscise and put filler in there? Or was it just subscion? Why was it agressive and hard to recover from?

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 05/01/2018 9:14 pm

7 minutes ago, Jaspa0411 said:

@guzm0268 Thanks so much for this post and the photos. With your subcision - did the dr subscise and put filler in there? Or was it just subscion? Why was it agressive and hard to recover from?

It was just subcision, and I feel like the dr. Did too many spots and once and I got nodules both times that took months to fade

MemberMember
(@jaspa0411)

Posted : 05/01/2018 9:34 pm

Oh right got it. I think BA touches on the nodules part of healing. I must re read his entries. I have just had sub with filler and am 4 days out. I only get bruising so far.

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/01/2018 10:04 pm

2 hours ago, guzm0268 said:
Pretty sure the Dr. used 100%
Some scars took less than others, some in a few months but there are others that take one year and a half to fully recover.
I feel like tca is hit or miss for scars , some really improved, others not so much.
The box car scar definitely got wider but they have elevated over time but Im not sure if thr trade off was worth it. I probably would not do it again. Then again, my skin type is ethnic so that plays a huge role

i see, i got tca 100% 2 months ago, one definitely got wider and is still wider. So the boxcar that got wider did it raise up to the surface even more than before you got crossed? How long were the spots that were crossed remain red? I agree w you tca cross is the longest healing procedure there is, i believed all the hype saying that the scar would raise in a few months.

MemberMember
(@guzm0268)

Posted : 05/01/2018 10:08 pm

2 minutes ago, Amp2695 said:
i see, i got tca 100% 2 months ago, one definitely got wider and is still wider. So the boxcar that got wider did it raise up to the surface even more than before you got crossed? How long were the spots that were crossed remain red? I agree w you tca cross is the longest healing procedure there is, i believed all the hype saying that the scar would raise in a few months.

Over time is has risen more than what it was, like I said some scars responded well others dont

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 05/01/2018 10:11 pm

2 minutes ago, guzm0268 said:
Over time is has risen more than what it was, like I said some scars responded well others dont

hmm where there scars that just straight up were left worse than before. even after year of getting crossed?

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 05/02/2018 12:50 am

I repeat this point a lot, but if it is the first time you are getting fillers, always get HA filler. The ability to dissolve if you end up hating it is key, and powerful. Sculptra can take years to dissipate naturally and you can't dissolve it like HA. With HA, what you see is what you get. Sculptra is unpredictable in the sense that you can't gauge how your body reacts to it. The volume generated is highly variable depending on the person's immune system.

It sounds like you've done your homework which is good.