Notifications
Clear all

Is this acne?

MemberMember
(@270060_1443947954)

Posted : 05/01/2018 4:21 am

Hey.

I've been having breakouts ever since I came into puberty. I'm 28 years old now and I can honoustly say that I've tried anything. The only things that seemed to reduce it is changing my pillow sheets every other day and the acne.org regimen (which I stopped because it started bleaching my clothes).

my normal doctor is on maternity leave until the beginning of juky so I'm turning to this community hoping that it might provide me with some more insight.

in below picture you can see the breakouts of the last two months. At the moment the dark spot on my forehead can actualky start to sting painfully once or twice a day. 

I would also like to mention that around the same time period last year I had a large breakout on my cheekbone on the same side of my face (actually my other side is almost always acne-free) with a big swollen lump on my cheekbone and also underneath my chin (the latter might have been a gland), which I think was a pustule..

So does anyone know what is wrong with me? :)

15251658319831892919082.jpg

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/01/2018 6:17 am

Hey man, maybe your diet is a problem. If you are eating greasy food and refined sugar it can cause raised oil production. Many other things concerning the diet, but a bit much to cover.

Also proper skincare routines are important for renewing old and dead skin cells.

MemberMember
(@270060_1443947954)

Posted : 05/01/2018 6:28 am

My diet usually looks like this:

breakfast:
- oatmeal with ricedrink and stevia
- green tea with honey and lemonjuice
- fruitjuice
- orange
- calcium, vitamin D, K and B supplement

Lunch:
- six slices of bread with meat or spread(like eggsalad)
- apple
- handfull of nuts or cherry tomatoes

Diner
- meat with potatoes and vegetables
or
- pasta with tomatoesauce
or
- vegetarian dish
(to give a few examples)

I also drink one full bottle of water each day (1,5 liters)

when it comes to my skincare routine. All I do is cleanse my face in the morning and put vaseline on my lips. :)

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/01/2018 7:29 am

All right, you have many healthy vitamins and nutrients going, that's good.
The bread and Pasta, is it fiber rich?
Also when you have f ex pastasauce is it with sugar on the label, and do you eat food with refined sugar involved?

MemberMember
(@270060_1443947954)

Posted : 05/01/2018 2:00 pm

I've actually never checked if any of the sauces have sugar added to them. I'll be sure to pay notice to that from now on. 

when it comes to bread it really varies quite often between white bread and then also darker bread or bread made from other types of grains. I don't really like to eat white bread but my boyfriend prefers it so I sometimes mix that in to keep him happy. :)

pasta is almost always tge white variant. I've tried pasta made out of mais and rice but I didn't like it. I could easily switch to wholegrain pasta but then I'd have to mix in white pasta for the same reason as with bread. :)

And I want to thank you for taking the time to help me. :)

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/02/2018 3:00 am

Okay cool, I think you are on a good way of finding a healthy habit with the diet! Fiber is a great substitute of normal wheat, it is healthy and gives way more energy.
And it's good you will look for the sugar amount on processed food, I started doing it some months ago and you will be amazed at how many labels have sugar, even canned tomato beans.

I am happy to help you out, any time :)

MemberMember
(@270060_1443947954)

Posted : 05/02/2018 5:31 am

I will keep you updated if the added awareness for refined sugars will have helped. :)

MemberMember
(@liferuined123)

Posted : 05/02/2018 9:43 am

Also I would just like to add that if you are only washing your face in the morning, I would highly suggest also washing your face at night. Almost any dermatologist out there will tell you washing your face morning AND night is key to having clear skin.

MemberMember
(@270060_1443947954)

Posted : 05/02/2018 10:22 am

Would you then wash your face when you come home from work or right before going to bed?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/02/2018 10:42 am

A morning and night (before bed) routine works. If you workout or sweat, it may be advisable to try to wash right after that. Good tips on the diet front so far. If you can, try to cut out juices and drink water. Also, try to not eat too many carbs in one sitting and by themselves (add protein). In terms of diet in general. Minimally processed foods are best.