Notifications
Clear all

How Should I Clear My Skin?

MemberMember
(@anonymous101)

Posted : 04/30/2018 8:15 pm

I have had a small amount of acne since 8th Grade but now being in 9th Grade I have gotten a lot more. I have most of my acne around the far back right side of my face, forehead, and chin. I'm fairly sure I have oily but dehydrated skin. I currently use Cetaphil Facial Cleaner and Cetaphil Moisturizer, I haven'tseen any improvement and it might've even gotten worse. I don't know what products to use + I have been seeing this "Caveman" regimen and only wash your face with water regimenand was wondering if it would even work for me. What should I do to clear my skin?? P.S I took an official allergy test at a doctors office, it turns out I am allergic to tons of things, do you think eating these things causes my skin to push out the bad stuff through my skin? Thanks!

I also tend to pop pimples before bed and then wash my face and I also have some scarring and a lot of dark spots from previous acne. Thanks again!

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/01/2018 3:12 am

Hey, I would say that it is best for you to just take it easy, you are at a young age, so you are suffering from normal hormonal acne, which is very common.

Everything you hear on the news about things like "cavemen" videos etc. are just one amongts 1000 different sources of people who have a "solution", but this may not be the best option for you.
So just relax, have a healthy meal, and if you have oily skin then you can maybe use aloe vera during the night to make the skin moist.

hope it helped you out! Cheers

MemberMember
(@anonymous101)

Posted : 05/01/2018 2:07 pm

AcneVMThanks for the feedback! When you say "Take it easy" do you mean only washing my face with water and then moisturizing? Or do you mean that I shouldn't freak out about it? The main thing that sucks is that not a lot of people my age have acne so I just feel extremely different. I also get more whiteheads that are extremely noticeable.

MemberMember
(@liferuined123)

Posted : 05/01/2018 10:02 pm

I have to agree with AcneVM, this is definitely completely normal and you do not need to freak out about it by any means. What I can suggest however, is to NEVER pop your pimples. I have spoken to many dermatologists about this, and they all told me the same thing: If you ever have a humongous pimple that could benefit from "popping", you can use a thoroughly cleaned needle and gently put a small hole in the pimple. Never, I mean never, just normally pop pimples with your fingers. This will just cause scarring, and can sometimes even cause more pimples in the area. As far as diet is concerned, there has been a lot of evidence to link food with acne. Unfortunately, you kind of have to learn this part for yourself. Me personally, anything super greasy or processed normally puts me at risk of breaking out. Everyone is different, so I suggest testing out various foods and seeing if any cause your acne to worsen. But don't beat yourself up, you are only in 9th grade and honestly things normally get better as time goes on. Just learn the best methods for you personally and you should be fine.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 05/02/2018 3:03 am

Very much so, avoiding popping pimples is a key habit when dealing with acne. I know a woman in her 30s who still is doing this, sadly...
So the more earlier you learn this habit the better skin and life you will have later in life!

MemberMember
(@anonymous101)

Posted : 05/02/2018 2:46 pm

LifeRuined123 Ok thanks! Yeah most the pimples I pop are with a sterilized needle, but I will try my best to stop popping my pimples.