Notifications
Clear all

GENERAL FEEDBACK, ACV toner purging?

MemberMember
(@lifesuckswacne)

Posted : 04/30/2018 5:21 pm

Hey guys, I am currently SOOO frustrated. Here is some background: I never used to have acne not even as a teenager, im talking not even one pimpleeee (knock on wood). I had a pretty bad diet in college and I STILL didnt break out. I never even thought about acne lol I used to be happy haha

Anyway, I started law school this year and idk if it's the stress or what not, I BREAK OUT LIKE CRAZY on my cheeks and chin. like my skin is so bumpy and frustrated. It is dry and flaky and large pores. It is just bad. I wash my makeup off every single night with Almond Oil and then use a gentle cleanser morning and night. I make sure every bit of makeup is off my face before I sleep. I would moisturize every day as well (I have dry skin). I used ACV vinegar for a while, seemed to work a little but not enough so I switched into witch hazel (the Dickinson one) and that didnt have bad or good effects on my skin. I was still breaking out (everyday I would wake up with a new bump). I used witch hazel for about a month, did nothing so I switched into ACV toner (diluted of course). I thought it was gonna be fine since I used it before with no purging. BUT after 1 night of using it, I got like 10 new pimples on my cheeks AND I didnt change anything up... I am frustrated. Am I purging? I also used this before with no purging...I am confused and frustrated...

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 08/10/2018 4:54 pm

Dikinsonwitch hazel has alcohol in it, which can be very drying. I find ACV very drying also, not good if you have oily or irritated skin. Try Watkins Witch Hazel, it has no alcohol. I've had good results with it.

Hope this helps, good luck.