Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shei514

CO2 laser in treating acne scars - ultrapulse & Subcision of Acne Scars W/ Dr Lim Dr Rullan and Other Drs - Success Story in Progress

Recommended Posts

On 9/28/2020 at 11:39 AM, can i get a new life please said:

What do you think about improvements give yourself a % 

I don’t know anymore ;( sometimes I don’t think I’ve had much improvement at all, especially when I see myself in the mirror. It’s hard to judge these days I’m having a lot of bad skin days more often than not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shei514 said:

I don’t know anymore ;( sometimes I don’t think I’ve had much improvement at all, especially when I see myself in the mirror. It’s hard to judge these days I’m having a lot of bad skin days more often than not. 

I know its very hard. These scars make us heartbroke like that :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2020 at 5:42 PM, shei514 said:

I don’t know anymore ;( sometimes I don’t think I’ve had much improvement at all, especially when I see myself in the mirror. It’s hard to judge these days I’m having a lot of bad skin days more often than not. 

I just read through your whole thread, and you look great!  Night and day difference.  We really are our worst critics sometimes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cubsfan24 said:

I just read through your whole thread, and you look great!  Night and day difference.  We really are our worst critics sometimes.

Hey thanks!  I’m still going for those who are interested. I’m currently saving money for treatments with Dr Rullan hopefully by May/June I can fly into the USA. 

I will be doing punch excision with him and maybe even the phenol peel might be an option at time stage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had Phenol peel done back in Dec 2019, it helped with my skin texture tremendously so something to consider.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, I finally have an update. I will be going to see Dr Rullan on the 8th/9th of July for my phenol chemabrasion procedure!!! I am beyond excited, I haven’t had any treatments on my face in over a year and really want to do something for all the texture I have..

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shei514 said:

Hey everyone, I finally have an update. I will be going to see Dr Rullan on the 8th/9th of July for my phenol chemabrasion procedure!!! I am beyond excited, I haven’t had any treatments on my face in over a year and really want to do something for all the texture I have..

 

 

I got this done last month. One thing I wished I have done was to take more before photos in the same lighting/position to really gage how much improvements I've gotten from this procedure.

If your primary concern is mainly texture, I think you will be very happy with this procedure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, shei514 said:

Hey everyone, I finally have an update. I will be going to see Dr Rullan on the 8th/9th of July for my phenol chemabrasion procedure!!! I am beyond excited, I haven’t had any treatments on my face in over a year and really want to do something for all the texture I have..

 

 

its summertime , u have to do ur best to stay away from sun , im looking forward to see your results , i wish you all the best

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, gynoscar said:

I got this done last month. One thing I wished I have done was to take more before photos in the same lighting/position to really gage how much improvements I've gotten from this procedure.

If your primary concern is mainly texture, I think you will be very happy with this procedure.

Oh wow, how was the healing process? I’m kinda scared of how long it will take to heal if I’m completely honest. I will definitely make sure to take a lot of good photos! 

11 hours ago, Miro said:

its summertime , u have to do ur best to stay away from sun , im looking forward to see your results , i wish you all the best

Yeah it’s not the best timing. I will be in LA for most of the summer too lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shei514 said:

Oh wow, how was the healing process? I’m kinda scared of how long it will take to heal if I’m completely honest. I will definitely make sure to take a lot of good photos! 

The healing process is not bad at all, although on day 3, my face was throbbing even with pain medicine. On day 4, the pain completely went away. The worst part for me is having to wear the mask for first 8 days and having to take my dog out in a busy crowded area. Luckily the reflective facial visor helped a lot. After the mask comes off on day 8, your face will just be red like someone who just got an ablative laser done. I didn't mind the redness as much since I have a large face mask that covers the majority of my face anyways. 1 month post procedure, my face is more pink than red.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gynoscar said:

The healing process is not bad at all, although on day 3, my face was throbbing even with pain medicine. On day 4, the pain completely went away. The worst part for me is having to wear the mask for first 8 days and having to take my dog out in a busy crowded area. Luckily the reflective facial visor helped a lot. After the mask comes off on day 8, your face will just be red like someone who just got an ablative laser done. I didn't mind the redness as much since I have a large face mask that covers the majority of my face anyways. 1 month post procedure, my face is more pink than red.

How bout results ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 6:00 AM, gynoscar said:

I got this done last month. One thing I wished I have done was to take more before photos in the same lighting/position to really gage how much improvements I've gotten from this procedure.

If your primary concern is mainly texture, I think you will be very happy with this procedure.

Was texture your main concern? What types of scars did you have before the peel? 

On 6/3/2021 at 1:13 AM, shei514 said:

Hey everyone, I finally have an update. I will be going to see Dr Rullan on the 8th/9th of July for my phenol chemabrasion procedure!!! I am beyond excited, I haven’t had any treatments on my face in over a year and really want to do something for all the texture I have..

 

 

I'll be following your thread. Good luck with the peel :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Miro said:

How bout results ?

After the mask came off, I saw the boxscar/icepick at full depth and non-scarred area glass smooth (no pores are visible).

After a couple of weeks, pores slowly came back and the scars filled in a bit.

Today (1 month post procedure), the scars are still there but in certain angle/lighting, my scars seems invisible which was not possible prior to the procedure. I think the general evenness/smoothness of the skin improved the looks of the nearby scars.

5 hours ago, versefifty said:

Was texture your main concern? What types of scars did you have before the peel? 

It was mainly boxscar/icepick scars.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gynoscar said:

After the mask came off, I saw the boxscar/icepick at full depth and non-scarred area glass smooth (no pores are visible).

After a couple of weeks, pores slowly came back and the scars filled in a bit.

Today (1 month post procedure), the scars are still there but in certain angle/lighting, my scars seems invisible which was not possible prior to the procedure. I think the general evenness/smoothness of the skin improved the looks of the nearby scars.

It was mainly boxscar/icepick scars.

So in 6 months i think u ll be super happy with great results man , collagen rebuild takes time we all know that and for scarring i think removing superficial problems like pores , pigment , redness , discoloration can make HUGE diff . I wish you to see fantastic results , keep us updated , btw how about nose ? Usualy people have bigger pores on nose , does it help with that ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2021 at 8:17 AM, gynoscar said:

After the mask came off, I saw the boxscar/icepick at full depth and non-scarred area glass smooth (no pores are visible).

After a couple of weeks, pores slowly came back and the scars filled in a bit.

Today (1 month post procedure), the scars are still there but in certain angle/lighting, my scars seems invisible which was not possible prior to the procedure. I think the general evenness/smoothness of the skin improved the looks of the nearby scars.

It was mainly boxscar/icepick scars.

Do you see any improvement for these scars already in terms of depth? Why did't you get the phenol cross for the ice-picks if i may ask?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, versefifty said:

Do you see any improvement for these scars already in terms of depth? Why did't you get the phenol cross for the ice-picks if i may ask?

I had phenol cross done 5 times in the past few years.

I see the most improvement with the peel (it might be because the surrounding skin around the scars are closer in terms of depth to the acne scars).

I also think it's because on the 2nd day after 24h the upper epidermis is liquidized and scrapped off, he also perform phenol cross again on scars so phenol can penetrate further than without then peel (if this make sense).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×