Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shei514

CO2 laser in treating acne scars - ultrapulse & Subcision of Acne Scars W/ Dr Lim Dr Rullan and Other Drs - Success Story in Progress

I am using nivea soft moisturizing creme and vasaline for after care basically making my skin greasy and hydrated as possible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing and congrats on a successful appointment! I haven’t seen too many folks talk about Erbium with Dr Rullan, so I’m excited to hear updates on your progress!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2019 at 10:33 PM, superburrito said:

Thanks for sharing and congrats on a successful appointment! I haven’t seen too many folks talk about Erbium with Dr Rullan, so I’m excited to hear updates on your progress!

He has used it on me both times and didn't believe microneedling would do much for me. 

Thank you - I've been following your acne scar story as well, you're looking great! 

 

On 11/24/2019 at 5:45 AM, Noa27 said:

@shei514 Did you ever consider sculptra?

A little, yes but I haven't requested it yet. I told Dr Rullan about restylane and he said it's a very good filler to use. I'm uncertain if I should go back for sub and filler before the year ends. It's a lot of money, but part of me wants to..

It's been a week since my treatment and the scabs are falling off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr Rullan charged you $1500 for the trio? Wow. I was charged $1750 for the trio in October. That really isn’t fair... did anyone else pay $1500 for the trio this fall??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, blueberrylove said:

Dr Rullan charged you $1500 for the trio? Wow. I was charged $1750 for the trio in October. That really isn’t fair... did anyone else pay $1500 for the trio this fall??

I'm pretty sure I booked my appointment ages ago and they said they would honour the price of $1500. I think I scheduled my appointment right before the prices changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did you choose erbium instead of microneedling with Dr rullan? I'm going there in a few months and can he substitute erbium instead of microneedling for the same price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, gynoscar said:

Why did you choose erbium instead of microneedling with Dr rullan? I'm going there in a few months and can he substitute erbium instead of microneedling for the same price?

I've done erbium with him. Typically, he recommends it to those who have fair/lighter skin type. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, californiakid said:

I've done erbium with him. Typically, he recommends it to those who have fair/lighter skin type. 

Or he thinks your scars will respond better to the laser than microneedling. It's the same cost if you want laser vs microneedling. But Dr Rullan will make the suggestion if he thinks it's better for you

Update: healing well, just redness. I can already tell a difference in my scars especially when I go past a mirror or look into my car mirror.  I will be seeing Dr Rullan on the 12th of Dec for filler and sub. 

1 hour ago, californiakid said:

I've done erbium with him. Typically, he recommends it to those who have fair/lighter skin type. 

How did you like the erbium with Rullan? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shei514 said:

How did you like the erbium with Rullan? 

I thought it was ok. It was hard to tell if it was any better than the microneedling to be honest and I only did it once. I am trying to do a combination of the two to get a better feel for it. However, I will say it hurt less compared to the needling for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 7:22 PM, shei514 said:

Or he thinks your scars will respond better to the laser than microneedling. It's the same cost if you want laser vs microneedling. But Dr Rullan will make the suggestion if he thinks it's better for you

Update: healing well, just redness. I can already tell a difference in my scars especially when I go past a mirror or look into my car mirror.  I will be seeing Dr Rullan on the 12th of Dec for filler and sub. 

How did you like the erbium with Rullan? 

Nice! I'm scheduled to see him on the 12/26 for just CROSS + microneedling. I was previously scheduled for 12/19 but I changed it to give my skin another week of healing/rest from my 10/28 CROSS + micro session. Moisturizers with vitamin E and niacinamide help with that redness. 

Edit: You did subcision on 11/21. Are you really doing it again on 12/12 or just filler?

Edited by dodgerguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 10:51 PM, dodgerguy said:

Nice! I'm scheduled to see him on the 12/26 for just CROSS + microneedling. I was previously scheduled for 12/19 but I changed it to give my skin another week of healing/rest from my 10/28 CROSS + micro session. Moisturizers with vitamin E and niacinamide help with that redness. 

Edit: You did subcision on 11/21. Are you really doing it again on 12/12 or just filler?

Let us know how your appointment goes - are you doing cross + micro needling again? 

I think sub and filler, that's what he mentioned. I know it's like three weeks apart, but I heal fast. I know I have mentioned here before I should treat less frequently but he mentioned filler + sub before the holidays and I was like "damn, no way sub is 1250" and now I'm like "fuck it, the results are good" 

Tbh I can't afford to treat constantly but would if finances allowed for it. I am really contemplating taking a step back from scar revision and doing the phenol peel when I have saved 6k. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, shei514 said:

Let us know how your appointment goes - are you doing cross + micro needling again? 

I think sub and filler, that's what he mentioned. I know it's like three weeks apart, but I heal fast. I know I have mentioned here before I should treat less frequently but he mentioned filler + sub before the holidays and I was like "damn, no way sub is 1250" and now I'm like "fuck it, the results are good" 

Tbh I can't afford to treat constantly but would if finances allowed for it. I am really contemplating taking a step back from scar revision and doing the phenol peel when I have saved 6k. 

Yeah probably. I got ok results with doing CROSS + micro in October and probably sticking with that in a couple weeks. I'll consider sub sometime next year in during spring.

I think it's a bad idea to do subcision again so soon and a waste of all that money. Most likely no tethering of scars, so you're spending all that money just to have a needle slide under your skin and have some filler. 

Also need to level your skin before considering phenol peel. That means more CROSS, microneedling, and a few sessions of RF needling. No to phenol peel if you have scars. Can consider if you only have texture issues.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×