Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shei514

CO2 laser in treating acne scars - ultrapulse & Subcision of Acne Scars W/ Dr Lim Dr Rullan and Other Drs - Success Story in Progress

18 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Try anything that is a leave on like acne org glycolic acid 10 percent after face wash. Bp is immediate reliever but causes irritation.

I was getting a lot of backne, nothing worked, benzoyl peroxide worked but irritated my skin it helped immediately on cystic acne but was still getting acne. Glycolic acid worked, use after face wash, its a leave on. Doesn’t irritates and does the job. Hopefully you would start seeing difference in a week.

Thank you. I have a lot of pimple patches for now but might need to do that too 

Does anyone get depressed knowing scars are forever? 

1 hour ago, shei514 said:

Yes, it is depressing sometimes you wish you would have known better ways to eradicate acne when we were small. I wish there was enough knowledge back then on how to treat acne without medications. If I were to

given a chance to redo my life with acne. I am sure I will do a better job with this knowledge on how to stop acne. 

But the good thing is your texture has gotten smoother the only thing you need is filler to to level up. Does anyone suffer from Smiling in pictures it just feels weird because you are thinking about scars when getting pictures which makes us make weird expressions in pictures.

Edited by getsmart121

2 hours ago, shei514 said:

you look fantastic, Shei. The goal is to look good, and you are already there.

5 hours ago, shei514 said:

Another thing the way to look as this, think about your skin pre treatment and think that there was nothing you could have done about it. Just imagine how hopeless you would feel and then think about your current scenario where you have corrected your scars to a great extent. It will just make you more grateful. Don’t compare yourself to higher person. This doesn’t not only apply here. It applies everything in life. If we are poor and always look at other rich people we will always feel dissatisfied. Not matter how rich you are there will always be someone else more richer than you. The point is to look people below you and be satisfied. I know it is easier said but we need to condition ourself to look things in this manner

Edited by getsmart121

15 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Another thing the way to look as this, think about your skin pre treatment and think that there was nothing you could have done about it. Just imagine how hopeless you would feel and then think about your current scenario where you have corrected your scars to a great extent. It will just make you more grateful. Don’t compare yourself to higher person. This doesn’t not only apply here. It applies everything in life. If we are poor and always look at other rich people we will always feel dissatisfied. Not matter how rich you are there will always be someone else more richer than you. The point is to look people below you and be satisfied. I know it is easier said but we need to condition ourself to look things in this manner

Yes this is important. I think my issue is I’m out in the real world comparing myself to people with no skin issues and feeling like crap. I will try to compare myself to the past and how much worse it was before. Tbh I have pretty bad body dysmorphia and I get down often thinking about my condition. 

37 minutes ago, shei514 said:

Yes this is important. I think my issue is I’m out in the real world comparing myself to people with no skin issues and feeling like crap. I will try to compare myself to the past and how much worse it was before. Tbh I have pretty bad body dysmorphia and I get down often thinking about my condition. 

Yup. we all feel the same way, to varying degrees. Your improvement is vast, and unless you're super close up or in terrible lighting, in a few of the photos they were so much improved I barely saw them they looked like you had full makeup on to be honest.

Of course this is probably painful to hear because you (and me) are constantly in bad lighting on the way out, or we see our flaws every day and know it's bs, and not in the best situations, and everyone around us is perfect even people in their 70s or 80s so when I'm in the grocery store I'm constantly asking why my life is this way when I see 70 year olds with better skin.

So believe me everything you thought already I've though it, so the comment about progress is hard to even digest, but it is true for what it's worth, you've made amazing progress I just know anything shy of normal will never be enough I get it. My hope is that you continue to make some good progress and get some treatment for the mental issues that comes with it be it medication or whatever else. 

As for myself, I doubt I have many options anymore and I'll admit it's extremely depressing but I carry on. Some people on here that liken this to losing a limb or an unsolvable illness, well it's a total false comparison. Even losing a limb, a illness, does not have the stigma that society assigns to this. People are ignorant and they view scars as "self responsible" or "they were dirty/unclean" and so on. There's an obvious discrimination. There's a lack of function ability from daily chores to job interviews to job performance. Believe me if I lost a limb I'd crawl around and fit in, but with scarring it's very impossible because society is very, very appearance/perception and discrimination based. I don't write this to depress you, me or anyone else. I write this to explain to people who can't get it that this is a serious medical disability both physical and mental. How society ignores and casts it aside truly pains me for anyone younger than me having to experience any of what I did growing up.

Edited by harmlessboy1441

20 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Yes, it is depressing sometimes you wish you would have known better ways to eradicate acne when we were small. I wish there was enough knowledge back then on how to treat acne without medications. If I were to

given a chance to redo my life with acne. I am sure I will do a better job with this knowledge on how to stop acne. 

But the good thing is your texture has gotten smoother the only thing you need is filler to to level up. Does anyone suffer from Smiling in pictures it just feels weird because you are thinking about scars when getting pictures which makes us make weird expressions in pictures.

Yeah she looks endlessly better. Same if I could go back I'd take Accutane far sooner and ditch the Dermatologist that practically doomed me stalling it back around 99'. Accutane literally cleared me up in like 1 month and the next day or two was like unreal feeling. I was on minocycline, SMZ TMP DS tabs, differin, benzamycin and god knows how many other things my derm put me through at 17-19 while my face turned into oatmeal all for what, copays? I'd have given that Derm 10k out of my pocket if it was all about the money.

Did she fly from NZ to CA to see Dr. Rullan? If so is he really that good for everyone that sees him? 

Edited by harmlessboy1441

Yup acne is very challenging. You could still scar even if you don’t pop acne. The longer the acne linger your body starts attacking the tissues of the affected areas. You get atrophic depression from collateral damage. It’s trying to kill the excess bacteria. That is why I am a strong believer in eradicating acne asap. You don’t know if you will scar the best thing is to assume you do and stop acne in its tracts. The lesser the time of inflammation. The faster you will recover from this.but the issue is even if accutane is the way to go we can’t take it till 18 I believe. Which brings the question how does people younger than 18 control acne. I think bp or glycolic acid 10 percent post cleanser is ideal. And it is a must to be a leave on.

what amazes me knowing the acne scarring can have lasting impact, how is it that there are no regulations in place for mandatory education for parents. You have bunch of restriction before prescribing accutane and you need to be aware of. This is very much a mental and physical disability. If this is not considered an issue then why give vaccines for polio. The idea behind any treatment is to eradicate a physical disability. Acne scarring is a mental prison. It robs you of your youth, restricts you from performing your best in life. 

The society has let us down including our parents. And to add salt to injury, treating acne scarring is a cosmetic condition. WTF it’s like it is optional to treat it. Like it is hidden on some part of the body where you have hidden it. I also have no sympathy for doctors, they know it is a medical condition but they still look the other way when it comes to fighting for the rights of acne sufferers with insurance companies. Just for the sake of example I want the insurance owner sons to get acne and with scars and for the them the cost of treating should a percent of their wealth. Each session cost 10 percent of their wealth. We will then see if they think treating scars are optional. This is the area of face you can’t cover.

I guess we need to fight for our rights nobody else is going to fight for us.

Edited by getsmart121

11 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Yup acne is very challenging. You could still scar even if you don’t pop acne. The longer the acne linger your body starts attacking the tissues of the affected areas. You get atrophic depression from collateral damage. It’s trying to kill the excess bacteria. That is why I am a strong believer in eradicating acne asap. You don’t know if you will scar the best thing is to assume you do and stop acne in its tracts. The lesser the time of inflammation. The faster you will recover from this.but the issue is even if accutane is the way to go we can’t take it till 18 I believe. Which brings the question how does people younger than 18 control acne. I think bp or glycolic acid 10 percent post cleanser is ideal. And it is a must to be a leave on.

what amazes me knowing the acne scarring can have lasting impact, how is it that there are no regulations in place for mandatory education for parents. You have bunch of restriction before prescribing accutane and you need to be aware of. This is very much a mental and physical disability. If this is not considered an issue then why give vaccines for polio. The idea behind any treatment is to eradicate a physical disability. Acne scarring is a mental prison. It robs you of your youth, restricts you from performing your best in life. 

The society has let us down including our parents. And to add salt to injury, treating acne scarring is a cosmetic condition. WTF it’s like it is optional to treat it. Like it is hidden on some part of the body where you have hidden it. I also have no sympathy for doctors, they know it is a medical condition but they still look the other way when it comes to fighting for the rights of acne sufferers with insurance companies. Just for the sake of example I want the insurance owner sons to get acne and with scars and for the them the cost of treating should a percent of their wealth. Each session cost 10 percent of their wealth. We will then see if they think treating scars are optional. This is the area of face you can’t cover.

I guess we need to fight for our rights nobody else is going to fight for us.

This “cosmetic” attitude nonsense is worst , even some drs are like whatever , u got some scars so what , despite the fact there are studies how acne scarring affects life of people and also how others perceive you , its awfull . Once it will be proclaimed medical and medical insurance will have to cover this issue then will see improvement in treating acne scarring 

57 minutes ago, Miro said:

This “cosmetic” attitude nonsense is worst , even some drs are like whatever , u got some scars so what , despite the fact there are studies how acne scarring affects life of people and also how others perceive you , its awfull . Once it will be proclaimed medical and medical insurance will have to cover this issue then will see improvement in treating acne scarring 

That study should be shoved down the insurance company and start treating it as a medical disability. At this is really weird it’s damn expensive to treat scars and it’s not even a single session and it takes some sessions depending on the severity. How does this even make sense? Life is weird, the system we are living is weird!

let’s say someone doesn’t have financial resources, in order to fix his acne scars he needs to first earn money and to earn money how does have to go about getting a job with such low confidence. As there are number of people competing for the same jobs. You are likely to get discriminated due to that.Treating acne scars is not cosmetic, it’s about looking normal in the society. 

20 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

That study should be shoved down the insurance company and start treating it as a medical disability. At this is really weird it’s damn expensive to treat scars and it’s not even a single session and it takes some sessions depending on the severity. How does this even make sense? Life is weird, the system we are living is weird!

let’s say someone doesn’t have financial resources, in order to fix his acne scars he needs to first earn money and to earn money how does have to go about getting a job with such low confidence. As there are number of people competing for the same jobs. You are likely to get discriminated due to that.Treating acne scars is not cosmetic, it’s about looking normal in the society. 

They wont fund it because it doesn't have a cure, that's the reason if It doesn't have a set procedure that's one and done they wont do it and if they did they wouldn't insure you if you had the issue prior to the membership there not out here to help you there to make money. For them its a guaranteed loss for acne scars and treatments can cost in the region of 10000 and this would take them decades to earn that money back of you. Don't even bother trying to get it to happen your only chance is government provision and even then there is bigger issues in the world for them to sort.

1 hour ago, Scarsmakemewanttodie said:

They wont fund it because it doesn't have a cure, that's the reason if It doesn't have a set procedure that's one and done they wont do it and if they did they wouldn't insure you if you had the issue prior to the membership there not out here to help you there to make money. For them its a guaranteed loss for acne scars and treatments can cost in the region of 10000 and this would take them decades to earn that money back of you. Don't even bother trying to get it to happen your only chance is government provision and even then there is bigger issues in the world for them to sort.

I don't agree with your argument because a lot of people have pre-existing conditions and insurance companies do not reject them. They may charge more than the condition-free user but they do not reject. People have all sorts of conditions. I believe with more awareness, insurance companies will coverage scar treatments. Some doctors offices allow certain scar treatments to be charged to your insurance. Always ask your doctor and insurance company what treatments are covered for scar revision or scar reconstruction. I may not know to much about the field of insurance, but I do know that it's baloney that insurances wouldn't insure you based on a pre-existing condition. 

9 hours ago, Dontgiveupitsonlyscars said:

I don't agree with your argument because a lot of people have pre-existing conditions and insurance companies do not reject them. They may charge more than the condition-free user but they do not reject. People have all sorts of conditions. I believe with more awareness, insurance companies will coverage scar treatments. Some doctors offices allow certain scar treatments to be charged to your insurance. Always ask your doctor and insurance company what treatments are covered for scar revision or scar reconstruction. I may not know to much about the field of insurance, but I do know that it's baloney that insurances wouldn't insure you based on a pre-existing condition. 

I literally work in insurance, and you are correct in your point I did exaggerate. However in the uk its approximately about 1000 a year for private insurance. If you had a pre-existing issue for example one customer had a twisted intestines, which is an expensive procedure about 3000 this was immediately factored into the two year contract. So she in theory payed for her treatment with the normal fee added to cover anything extra or new that might occur. So if for example they were to cover acne scars. A you would have a limit to the amount you can spend on it for example 2000 and in order to use the insurance for that and you had it before taking out the policy you wou,ld needed to declare it as a pre-existing condition. Therefore by doing it through insurance you would pay for your treatment and extra, while limiting yourself to low cost treatments. So we all need to stop dreaming it will never happen and even if it did it would be worked in a way where you would have no benefit.

On 9/11/2021 at 9:36 PM, shei514 said:

dr rullan in one of the post mention that some people who had acne skin in the past will start breaking out again after the peel and that is why he gives accutane low dose for a month.

3 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

dr rullan in one of the post mention that some people who had acne skin in the past will start breaking out again after the peel and that is why he gives accutane low dose for a month.

Oh okay lol I probably should have gone on accutane but it’s mellowing out now. I have bad and good weeks for the acne. 

@shei514Checking in to see how your complexion is looking so far! Is it the same as your untanned skin? Also how was your experience working with Patricia? I can't for the life of me get a hold of her. She's making it really difficult. 

Like I was saying you can still Scar from acne depending on genetics even if you don’t pop, and it best to assume you do and start controlling acne that is the only way. I used to get a lot of cycstic backne but no scars on the back can you believe that.

dr rullan confirms in this video:

19 hours ago, wombatstaywoke said:

@shei514Checking in to see how your complexion is looking so far! Is it the same as your untanned skin? Also how was your experience working with Patricia? I can't for the life of me get a hold of her. She's making it really difficult. 

Complexion is still on the pink side. Hasn’t changed significantly but now I’m breaking out a lot. I said I was mellowing out from my acne but keep getting a new big cyst every couple of days. I will consult a doctor soon and go on a low dose of accutane if needed. 

Oh wow, sorry to hear that. I barely consulted with Patricia. Amy resigned basically a week before my phenol so most of my correspondence went through Amy and then only the payment side of things was handled through Patricia. I emailed her once and asked about permanent filler and she relied a few days later. 

14 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Hey shei did you happen to get patient treatment notes for the latest peel from rullan?

No but I can request them and update you if I get ahold of them which might be difficult. 

10 hours ago, shei514 said:

No but I can request them and update you if I get ahold of them which might be difficult. 

Yup very hard to get in touch with them. Try emailing them.

12 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

Yup very hard to get in touch with them. Try emailing them.

Yeah that’s how I always contact them. 

Very nice progress. I hope you can find peace and are able to live comfortably in your own skin. Acne scars are a bitch and drain any kind of confidence or self esteem you have. 
have you ever had fillers done with Rullan ? If so which kind? 

On 9/16/2021 at 3:32 AM, shei514 said:

Oh okay lol I probably should have gone on accutane but it’s mellowing out now. I have bad and good weeks for the acne. 

Hi, thanks so much for sharing your story with us! How's your skin been doing? Did the acne get better? I am also interested in the phenol peel but it is a bit expensive for me at the moment.

Edited by Guest