Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aviva

Post-Accutane breakouts, trying dietary changes?

Hello everyone, my name is Aviva I am new to this forum (have been lurking for a while!) and wanted to come and discuss my own chaotic skin with you too.

I have had acne since I was about 10 years old (I am 21 now), and have tried everything under the sun to help, including Accutane. I used to have nodular acne + body acne (chest and back). I was clear for a few months, but am now experiencing breakouts on my face again which makes me extremely depressed. It's a red, inflamed acne-type + blackheads. I hate it so so so much, I am so depressed.

I have decided to try to make a change in my diet instead, and have eliminated dairy and ate low-carb (if any carbs, nothing processed). There's been a bit of an improvement, but I had white rice and soy today (roommate insisted, I got weak - voilà), and in less than twenty minutes after... break out. GRRRRRR.

I will try to update with results in a few weeks, and was curious if any of you also experienced the same thing after accutane, and had decided to try diet changes instead? If so, what did you guys do?

Aviva

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes