Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nocebo

Sebum or keratin plugs?

I get a lot of small bumps with these white, gooey plugs in them. I've come to believe my acne is a result of these bumps being infected. Every time I pop a pimple, out comes a plug.
My problem is, I don't know if sebum or keratin is the culprit. I often see the two conflated together, but wouldn't the treatment be completely different? AHA and BHA serums don't seem to work. I was considering trying some hormonal treatment like birth control, but I'm unsure without even knowing if it's sebum or not. 

How is your diet going, are you removing oily and greasy food etc.?
It is also important to excercise to get open pores and a healthy skin. If you are struggling with these bumps even when using exfoliatiors like AHA and BHA, then it is most likely a problem with the gut and the diet.

Just message me if you want some tips on this.

I've tried both cleaning up my diet and exercising, but the bumps persisted. I still don't eat refined sugars, dairy, or oil thats not cold-pressed.

It might be stressrelated, lack of sleep, lack of water. It could also be something with your moisturizer, one which will make the skin more smooth.
How long have you been on a healthy diet? It an take up to 6-8 weeks with proper diet routines until improvements happen..