Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frenchscar

Is it realy dangerous to use 25% TCA peel

I know that i have to use it step by step  (15% then 25%) 
but i am a little afraid about using it 
does at this % it can destroy my skin and give permanent scaring or discoloration ? 

i also have an other question,i read the topic (all thing acide peel)
it talk about soda to neutralyse the solution but is it mandatory or only water can be enought ? 

You can use water to neutralise the peel,thats not a problem,onviously plenty and just massage it on your skin few handfulls.

we work low % first and work up but observe your skin amd how it grows and heals afterwards.if you reach 25% amd this makes a noticable change in your skin then its good for you,just wait ling time for healing inbetween treatments.

Ethnic type skin needs bleaching for 3 weeks prior,i aint Ethnic so cant speak from experience.
:)

Don't know if i realy need bleaching creme,my skin is not very very dark 
i will try without And then after judge if i need it 
And even if i have a little hyperpigmentation that it 's not visible,i don't care of it 
because for me everyone can have hyperpigmentation even Light skin but this is less important 

To answer your original question, yes there are reports of chemical peels (even milder peels like glycolic, lactic, etc.) damaging the skin (via hyperpigmentation, atrophic scarring, etc.) over on RealSelf. Some people's skin just doesn't heal well, simple as that. I will say though that if you do go through with peels, aftercare is supposed to be able to make a HUGE difference. I'm specifically referring to copper peptide containing products, which are amazing for healing damaged skin (which is what a chemical peel does; controlled damage.) Other ingredients you may want to explore are aloe vera, ceramides, and hyaluronic acid, which are all known anti-inflammatory/skin repairing ingredients. The other important thing post peel in my opinion is occlusion. I think using an occlusive post-peel is sooo important, it creates a contained, moist healing environment for the skin.