Notifications
Clear all

Huge cyst in eye socket

MemberMember
(@aimeescho)

Posted : 04/28/2018 4:53 am

Hey
I'm 24 and currently experiencing the worst acne I've ever had. It started about 3 months ago and seemed to be mostly in clusters on my left cheek and forehead but now it is spreading everywhere and I currently have a huge cyst in my left eye socket which is growing every day and is so sore.
I've had time off work because it has changed the way I look and even made my eye close up this week.
I'm currently on 2.5% BP for the acne on the rest of my face but I don't know how to tackle the giant cyst! Please help! 

20180428_104351.jpg

20180425_131858.jpg

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 04/28/2018 4:54 pm

Hey, I've had the exact same type of cyst earlier in my twenties, it sucks I know... I didn't really know what to do or how to do anything about it back then unfortunately.
Becaus it is close to your eye it's difficult to use some chemical, so I would recommend to use ice to compress it for 5-10 minutes morning and night to slow down the inflammation.
You can also use some natural ingredients such as green tea to decrease bacterial formation, it is safe for the eye.

I hope some of this helped, just message me if you want some more help on this.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/28/2018 4:59 pm

go see a doctor/GP, your need antibiotics or another medicine to that clear it up. (ive had ones near my eyes when i was younger - doctor's pills sorted it for me)

try not to squeeze or touch it. it will only get worse if you do. - imo creams / washing wont cure your problem because the infection is deep under the skin. - its not known 100% what causes them but could be soap/creams/make up (blocking pores) or hormons & diet(?)

- there is some research to say vitamin zinc can help with cystic acne, have a chat with your doctor.

MemberMember
(@aimeescho)

Posted : 04/29/2018 8:00 am

15 hours ago, MrBakery said:

go see a doctor/GP, your need antibiotics or another medicine to that clear it up. (ive had ones near my eyes when i was younger - doctor's pills sorted it for me)

try not to squeeze or touch it. it will only get worse if you do. - imo creams / washing wont cure your problem because the infection is deep under the skin. - its not known 100% what causes them but could be soap/creams/make up (blocking pores) or hormons & diet(?)

- there is some research to say vitamin zinc can help with cystic acne, have a chat with your doctor.

Hi,
I'm actually on antibiotics at the minute but it doesn't seem to be helping. Still got 3 days to go so we'll see!
I will look into zinc, thank you 🙂

15 hours ago, AcneVM said:

Hey, I've had the exact same type of cyst earlier in my twenties, it sucks I know... I didn't really know what to do or how to do anything about it back then unfortunately.
Becaus it is close to your eye it's difficult to use some chemical, so I would recommend to use ice to compress it for 5-10 minutes morning and night to slow down the inflammation.
You can also use some natural ingredients such as green tea to decrease bacterial formation, it is safe for the eye.

I hope some of this helped, just message me if you want some more help on this.

Thank you, I tried a warm compress and it just puffed up my eye to the point where I couldn't open it!
I'll try ice :)
I've been drinking green tea for a month or so so hopefully that will be slowly helping from the inside! 

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 04/29/2018 9:37 am

You can also use a green tea bag physically on the cyst for 15 min, this can slow down bacteria formation.

Glad to help you out! take care :) 

aimeescho liked
MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 05/02/2018 7:42 am

I know this sounds super weird, but maybe try applying a light layer of Manuka honey over the cyst. Manuka honey has great antibacterial properties and is a more natural alternative. Worst thing that could happen is if you were to accidentally getsome in your eye, just rinse it out. I once heard of someone who physically put honey in their eye to heal an infection. Try it and see how it goes. If it doesnt help, its still good to eat haha. Try and avoid the actual eyeball though if you can.

Maybe even try put a cold slice of cucumber over the eye to calm the inflammation.

You probably could even try adding aloe Vera which is also great for inflammation.

I suggest, because its so close to the eye to use something more gentle/ natural.

Maybe you could even try rubbing eye drop solution on it?

aimeescho liked