Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Frenchscar

Tca under the Eyes, is it possible ?

I am going to do one tca peel 25% for shallow scar next week 
but i would like to know if it's possible to use it under the Eyes ? 

i have syringoma so,it will be good if i can use it for this :( 

In General: The eye is a very sensitive area, ... skin is thinner here. You also have Somewhat ethnic skin. Most Dr's avoid the eye margin (area around the eyes, perhaps explore advanced areas when you gain more confidence after future DIY diluted peels to the scarred areas of the cheeks). DILUTE W/ WATER!!!!! Also make sure to do prep skin whitening and tretinorin 3 weeks prior with a 1 week break before treatment.

@UpliftingCat Can you talk / support user some more about under the eyes in regards to peels, Thanks!!!

Sorry for my late response, I have been dealing with a MAJOR complication with a peel myself I had 2 weeks ago and been trying to stay off the board. 

Yes, TCA can be used under the eyes but be careful because TCA can drip off the Q-tip and cause eye damage.  

I'd definitely start with a lower percentage for under the eyes than 25%. 

1 hour ago, UpliftingCat said:

Sorry for my late response, I have been dealing with a MAJOR complication with a peel myself I had 2 weeks ago and been trying to stay off the board. 

Yes, TCA can be used under the eyes but be careful because TCA can drip off the Q-tip and cause eye damage.  

What happened?

I unfortunately developed a staph infection from the initial burn and now a fungal infection on my skin from the antibiotics.  I’m extremely clean and careful while taking care of my wound but infections can happen even when care and precautions are taken. 

1 hour ago, UpliftingCat said:

I unfortunately developed a staph infection from the initial burn and now a fungal infection on my skin from the antibiotics.  I’m extremely clean and careful while taking care of my wound but infections can happen even when care and precautions are taken. 

I'm sorry this happened, it must be quite scary. This shows that going to a professional definitely has its advantages! Good on you for taking no risk. I hope it settles soon. Best wishes. Edited by arte90

On 4/27/2018 at 12:25 PM, Frenchscar said:

I am going to do one tca peel 25% for shallow scar next week 
but i would like to know if it's possible to use it under the Eyes ? 

i have syringoma so,it will be good if i can use it for this :( 

Dr. Davin Lim did a TCA peel with 8% all over the face including the eye area. Go watch it and follow his advice and procedure. Using cotton balls after squeezing them is a lot safer. Also try doing it sitting upright or 45 degrees so there is little chance of anything running into your eyes.

On 30/04/2018 at 11:27 AM, UpliftingCat said:

what % do you recommand and what is the limit that i do not reach ? 

I’d start with 10-15%.  The eye area is delicate and thin so I don’t think there would ever be the need to go over 25% unless you have major creases and folds. In that case, often times doctor will use a toothpick, and spot peel with a stronger acid on the wrinkle itself. I don’t recommend this though because it’s technique dependent. 

I wouldnt worry too too much about getting an infection either. I got an infection because the peel I did was VERY aggressive and made it easier for bacteria to get into my skin.  I have done tons of peels and never had an issue until this one. With that said, even with lighter peels, being hygienic is necessary.