Notifications
Clear all

Mario Badescu?

MemberMember
(@honey2905)

Posted : 04/24/2018 8:07 pm

Has anyone tried any of his products? I am interested in his rose water spray but wanted to know if it was comedogenic? Is it good for sensitive skin?
Thanks x

MemberMember
(@cremebrumay)

Posted : 04/24/2018 9:06 pm

I do NOT recommend using any of Mario Badescu's product, as it contains fragrance, which should not be in your skin care. As it causes irritation, dryness, and can worsen your acne. Also, he has not been honest about the ingredients in his products, "In 2013, the brand settled aclass action lawsuit brought against it for failing to disclose the inclusion of strong steroids in at least two of their products." The steroids they failed to mention were hydrocortisone and triamcinolone acetonide, which "can trigger enlarged capillaries and dermatological misery, including skin atrophy. This is where the skin becomes so thin that it easily perforates, leading to infection, diseases, fungal growths, rashes and blistered skin that oozes, burns and peels."You can check out the link to whereI quoted my information from below. Hopes this help.

P.S. I do recommend using rose water though. However, only pure and organic one (not as expensive as it sounds). Heritage Store sells a good one which has only TWO ingredients (Water and Rose oil) for $7-10 for 8oz depending where you buy it (Mario Badescu charges $7 for 4oz). I'll place a link to this below as well.

Link to article: http://observer.com/2017/06/mario-badescu-skincare-reviews-side-effects/
Link to Heritage Store: [Link removed]