Notifications
Clear all

Forehead acne scars

MemberMember
(@alliekirk)

Posted : 04/16/2018 9:56 pm

Ok so first of all, I look super like unhappy here, but I™m not lol. Ok moving on, I have always had acne, but it got really bad back in October/November. It got so bad, like cystic acne was all over my forehead. It has since gone away, and I™m pretty good at managing acne and haven™t had bad acne for a couple months which is good. However, my face was left with some pretty awkward scars. I have tried laser treatments in the past, and they have helped with hyperpigmination. However, my scars are still pretty deep and pink. I use a Neutrogena retinol cream which has helped a little with the pits as well as hyperpigmentation but again I haven™t seen any significant results.  I™m also a bit uncomfortable with procedures and laser treatments even though I™ve done some in the past they make me pretty uncomfortable and they would be a last resort for me.  I™m willing to do them if they™re the only thing that works but I was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions. 

051E394D-0E6F-48AA-BD97-6B40E2C06E38.jpeg

97066B8B-6746-4726-A78D-41E927B9DA7C.jpeg

5E7B61A2-F18C-427C-8AE1-4EB623403471.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/17/2018 1:07 am

2 hours ago, Alliekirk said:

Im willing to do them if theyre the only thing that works but I was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.

Is the acne completely under control? You need to put a leash on them before jumping on the treatment bandwagon.

With that said, scar revision for the forehead is extremely difficult due to lack of meat. Compared to other areas of the face, it has the least amount of collagen and/or fat. Without enough cushion to work with, it rarely responds well to treatments. Be that as it may, you will still get some benefit from subcision, which will help lift up those deep scars (in the first pic).

I suggest you first get Botox at least 2 weeks prior to subcision. After subcison, wait until the swelling goes down and get dermal filler.

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/17/2018 5:29 am

Just trying to learn but why Botox?

4 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
Is the acne completely under control? You need to put a leash on them before jumping on the treatment bandwagon.

With that said, scar revision for the forehead is extremely difficult due to lack of meat. Compared to other areas of the face, it has the least amount of collagen and/or fat. Without enough cushion to work with, it rarely responds well to treatments. Be that as it may, you will still get some benefit from subcision, which will help lift up those deep scars (in the first pic).

I suggest you first get Botox at least 2 weeks prior to subcision. After subcison, wait until the swelling goes down and get dermal filler.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/17/2018 7:07 am

A majority of your issue is PIE or wounding post acne. There are many treatment for this but the most effective is vascular laser. I would do this first before you begin any scar treatment as it's hard for me to evaluate what scars you have. PIE is not Scarring. There are other treatments checkout the FAQ - below and the skin section under PIE. Scars make shadows and the below is most effective on pitting.

I think your too young for Botox and it's not necessary. Perhaps you will need subcision with a standard needle using a spacer like prp, saline, or filler. RF needling is also effecting after this is done for collagen growth. Finally you would do something for texture like a peel or fully ablative erbium resurfacing to the forehead. The cheeks look good.

[Link removed]

Alliekirk liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/17/2018 2:06 pm

8 hours ago, Scarredtodepression said:

Just trying to learn but why Botox?

Muscle memory, or sustained muscle contraction from scars. Suppose I tell you to frown your eyes really hard for the next 14 days. What do you think would happen after 2 weeks? You'll probably have a pretty deep frown line between your eyes. Acne scars will do the same thing over a period of time. This is especially more pronounced on the forehead because there's not much collagen. Hence, the need for Botox.

MemberMember
(@selectedkitty1)

Posted : 04/17/2018 5:06 pm

Hello, as the discussion is going about acne scars on forhead ,i will like to ask one thing which i am a lot curious about. I see some people have acne scar which are the same colour as there skin making it less noticable.i had chicken pox and they resulted scars although i took proper medication.My scars are brownish making it look worse.Please tell me will it get better in colour,and do you think it will make it less noticable.i have left a pic

1524002357978656435826847820080.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/18/2018 5:58 pm

@SelectedKitty1Vascular laser or IPL will fix this up. It's PIE or wounding post symptom. Please look at the FAQ and the skin section, find PIE, ... lots of treatments in there. It can get better naturally but takes a year for some, for others they need treatments. Emu oil helps.

BA

MemberMember
(@selectedkitty1)

Posted : 04/19/2018 1:30 pm

19 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@SelectedKitty1Vascular laser or IPL will fix this up. It's PIE or wounding post symptom. Please look at the FAQ and the skin section, find PIE, ... lots of treatments in there. It can get better naturally but takes a year for some, for others they need treatments. Emu oil helps.

BA

FIRST OF ALL THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
Iam 16 right now i don't want to do a laser treatment right now.I will do that after i become financially independent.Please tell me will its colour improve overtime on its own,if yes then how long will it take..I know it will not fix itself,but just want to know will the colour improve.I am currently using palmers scar serum cocoa butter formula.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/19/2018 7:17 pm

Emu oil then I would recommend and retin a / tretinorin every night aka differin.

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 04/20/2018 4:14 pm

Look into laser treatment with the cutera excel V. It's a newish laser device that clears up scarring in fewer sessions. I get the $$ issue, but since it works faster, it might be worth it to you.