Notifications
Clear all

Does sex and acne have a correlation?

MemberMember
(@sophiavenus)

Posted : 04/16/2018 4:15 pm

The question has been circling in my mind for a while now... is the fact Im having more sex the reason Im getting acne?

Ill give you some background info on my situation.

Ive never had any huge breakouts for most of my life. Always had clear skin. UntilI went on the implant/met my man. i hated the implant and had it removed pretty fast. They say the hormones leave your body, but Im not sure if they have? (Could be a factor)

I have been vegan for over a year, but recently gluten free and unfortunately I wasnt watching what I was eating for a few months. Gluten free products are processed, packed with tonnes of sugar and unhealthy fats which cause candida overgrowth which can eventually lead to leaky gut syndrome thus leading to acne because leaky gut is where what you eat goes into the blood stream and passes through the blood brain barrier... check can cause an immune response.

I had been eating grains and dairy for years so the damage to my gut wall was already pretty bad.
I meditate a lot and raise my vibration so my body physically cannot eat low vibrational foods.

So, with myboyfriend, we were staying up late sometimes 1-3 am sometimes 4-5am. We were eating Red Thai curry with rice (GRAINS GRR) without realising the damage was and doing. Its also very sugary and fatty. So there arenthose factors.
I hadnt been exfoliating or using any products consistently - but I am now.

My routine is working and my skin is starting to clear slightly.

I keep food diary.
Ive sarted working out 5 times a week.(cardio, yoga, walks)
I stick to time-restricted eating. Which is where you eat in a 8-12 hour gap. Your liver had a circadian rhythm too.
I do not eat anything processed, I eat fresh leafy green vegetables. Around 5-7 a day. I try to eat a small amount of fruit (because fructose is still inflammatory) lots of herbsand spices. Maca, hemp, linseed etc.

I drink lots of water.

Now to talk about the other factor thats playing on my mind.
My partner and I have a age gap relationship which makes me think his gut bacteria, which can be found in his saliva is being spread to me through kissing. When we do oral I get a yeast infection. We also sometimes have sex. However, it can beso overwhelming and stressful because it feels like Ive tried everything and how am I supposed to heal if my boyfriend is the one with an overgrowth so ever time we get intimate Im at risk of an acne break out?!

...and he also has stubble (which is irritating to my skin and stimulates oil production, clogging the pores. ) is being respectful and not kissing me too roughly any more.

But sometimes I still feel sore around my chin after a long session of making out and love making.

He understands and listens to me and has been cooking us healthy food when I stay over (which is 3-4 times week) he is making an effort. He has athletes foot which is a sign of Candida over growth- he really wants to heal it too!
my main question is:
Are my hormones going crazy because of all the sex?
Should I take a break from sexand see if my acne goes away?
Has anyone else experienced this?
please help!
Who has usedClindamycin Phosphate? Does it work?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/17/2018 4:53 am

i know nothing about the implant but i think i remember reading about women having break outs after stopping the pill/coil? - maybe there is some sort of link?

there is no proof but poor sleep, too much sex/masturbation, diet (spicy food), have been suspected to exacerbate skin/acne problems.

just my theory but regarding sexual activity, i think it can raise your hormones (= more sebum) and mess up your vitamin levels (zinc etc).

if you had good skin and no problems before your coil, could that be the main problem?

MemberMember
(@sophiavenus)

Posted : 04/17/2018 7:37 am

2 hours ago, MrBakery said:
i know nothing about the implant but i think i remember reading about women having break outs after stopping the pill/coil? - maybe there is some sort of link?

there is no proof but poor sleep, too much sex/masturbation, diet (spicy food), have been suspected to exacerbate skin/acne problems.

just my theory but regarding sexual activity, i think it can raise your hormones (= more sebum) and mess up your vitamin levels (zinc etc).

if you had good skin and no problems before your coil, could that be the main problem?

Yeah, I have also read that women break out after stopping. I think it's because they are fake hormones pretty much, I just can't get on with birth control. Hopefully now that I have sorted my sleep and diet out it will help.
Oh so sex does raise the hormones! I thought it was connected... do you have any links to any research on sex raising hormones?

I think you are on to something about the implant being the main problem, but if I say this to my doctor they will probably try to put me on more birth control (my idea of hell) so I will try to avoid sex and masturbation for a while while my hormones balance out.

Has anyone else experienced acne after having the implant removed here?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/17/2018 8:10 am

no real research regarding sex/masterbation & hormones but there has been many debates in old threads about it. ..consensus is, over doing it = acne(?)

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 04/19/2018 11:30 am

The more sex i have the less acne i have, but im a male