Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scarredtodepression

Will subcision help? Pics included

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Amp2695 said:

what are your next steps?

Just let the swelling go down for now I guess.... and see where I end up. 


With makeup dermablend . Closest my skin has been "flawless" in years even though I know it's swelling

6991D3AB-DCBE-4E34-B2CC-CAB083B6C780.jpeg

Edited by Scarredtodepression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Nina22 Yes same as Novick. Or anyone who does fillers with a cannula can do.

@Scarredtodepression

 Ok strange someone would do Nokor with only 3-4 entry points when there are scars all over unless there was only 3+ big pits. There would be needle entry points all over your face. Oh so he did standard microneedling or dermastamping with a machine on your? Why would you be worried about the scabs from microneedling if your healing so well and quickly from subcision. Wear sun protection, you should have used retin a / tretinorin /differin 3 weeks before any procedure and a skin bleaching cream like hydroquinone or something with konjac and albutin. You can still do this in a few more days. No you cannot use retin a or vitamin C for several more days, ... your swollen and healing, you do not want to be irritating the skin. Once the swelling goes down a bit more then you can use it. There is no one treatment on all patients could be nokor or could be cannula, you had superficial scarring so I suspect the latter. You would have to tell us the equipment he used how the needle looked, etc... Saline and lido are put throughout regardless which one. Of course entry points will be tender to the touch, they are wounds and healing, take a pain pill if needed. Why would you be worried there would be holes with Nokor, if you cut your finger / or get a small cut and heal you will heal fine. 

This is just swelling, healing takes 6 months and you can treat again in 3.

Next steps (optional of course when you have time and money)

I would do rf micronrrfling which is safe on your skin, ... not standard microneedling. I don't believe he has this machine. Med Spa's have this machine.

He does excellent Acid peels on ethnic skin types.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:
@Nina22 Yes same as Novick. Or anyone who does fillers with a cannula can do.

@Scarredtodepression

 Ok strange someone would do Nokor with only 3-4 entry points when there are scars all over unless there was only 3+ big pits. There would be needle entry points all over your face. Oh so he did standard microneedling or dermastamping with a machine on your? Why would you be worried about the scabs from microneedling if your healing so well and quickly from subcision. Wear sun protection, you should have used retin a / tretinorin /differin 3 weeks before any procedure and a skin bleaching cream like hydroquinone or something with konjac and albutin. You can still do this in a few more days. No you cannot use retin a or vitamin C for several more days, ... your swollen and healing, you do not want to be irritating the skin. Once the swelling goes down a bit more then you can use it. There is no one treatment on all patients could be nokor or could be cannula, you had superficial scarring so I suspect the latter. You would have to tell us the equipment he used how the needle looked, etc... Saline and lido are put throughout regardless which one. Of course entry points will be tender to the touch, they are wounds and healing, take a pain pill if needed. Why would you be worried there would be holes with Nokor, if you cut your finger / or get a small cut and heal you will heal fine. 

This is just swelling, healing takes 6 months and you can treat again in 3.

Next steps (optional of course when you have time and money)

I would do rf micronrrfling which is safe on your skin, ... not standard microneedling. I don't believe he has this machine. Med Spa's have this machine.

He does excellent Acid peels on ethnic skin types.

 
Oh I see. Not sure. He said nokor. Yeah most of my scarring isn't very deep. 
I think he did acombination of stuff  on me. Regardless I have immense faith in him and  don't care What Exactly he did. Okay illl wait a few days but few before vitamin c. I'm not worried about the incision points at all. Not worried about the tender points either, i was  using it as a cue  to count  incision points.They are pretty small.  Looked big before because of the blood 
thank you again for answering my concerns. You deserve the best @beautifulambition
  Edited by Scarredtodepression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Scarredtodepression @beautifulambition I had my subcision day before hers and he said he used nokar as well. I did hear him ask for a smaller size for my forhead... I'm confused. If I had nokar  then I would have a million spots all over and I dont. That kind of sucks because it sounds as if nokar is the most beneficial and what you (ba) recommended. My mother in law came with and she told me the needle looked huge  and I Google image searched a nokar and she said thats what it was .... hmmm? Will results still be ok with a cannula?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cleopatra88 said:
@Scarredtodepression @beautifulambition I had my subcision day before hers and he said he used nokar as well. I did hear him ask for a smaller size for my forhead... I'm confused. If I had nokar  then I would have a million spots all over and I dont. That kind of sucks because it sounds as if nokar is the most beneficial and what you (ba) recommended. My mother in law came with and she told me the needle looked huge  and I Google image searched a nokar and she said thats what it was .... hmmm? Will results still be ok with a cannula?


 nokor is not done one scar at A time. That's a misconception. Nokor needles a huge so they cover a large area. Basically from one incision You can reach multiple directions. I had an incision in all the areas all over enough to reach all the scars. 
The one where each scar is subcised is a more superficial subcision. Nokor gets the deeper pits. Watch YouTube videos that will show you how they maneuver the needle. Besides your mother in law said it looked like nokor then why would it not be?
thats nokor and that's exactly how he maneuvered.
on the forehead he has to use a smaller needle because it has less fat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Scarredtodepression You have few entry points, ... again unless you only had a few spots he cannot reach all of your face through those points. He must have only had a few deep scars he subcised. 

Simple solution to @Cleopatra88 and @Scarredtodepression Have someone you bring with you next time film a video of the procedure and share it ;-) Like I said before you both have widespread textural surface scars. There are only so many deep pits he can subcise (nokor is not for the whole face) and no nokor is not long I use them ;-) You cannot poke through that entry hole to the chin, very unsafe, it's a scalpel remember so a very small diameter of treatment radius (unless you want to slice up arteries and chop up the face). Technically you can treat a few around the spot.  You both need Nokor which he did and cannula subcision or cannula filler with HA, PRP, or saline (Cheap) to act as a spacer. For both of your scar types you have superficial scars as such the cannula works on textural scars, nokor on deep pits. Both are needed at seperate times. Both of you have good results I have seen the pics but were in swelling phase now. Remember healing is 6 months, and you can retreat in 3 if you wish. Let's be prudent and see the progress in many weeks, this is the best time to see how things went. Remember all treatments are optional, some are happy with one or two things and some heal better.

By the way this is a face after nokor subcision from a medical journal

right cheek day 1 - progress of subcision and laser - Acne.org Gallery

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@beautifulambition that clears up a lot of confusion. Thank you. I want to start suctioning but my face still is tender to the touch. And swollen a little. I guess I'll just have to endure the pain. Microneedling hurt SO much even with the anesthesia,  i am terrified to use my derminator later on. Lol. Has anyone used the numbing cream while they suction? And what's good numbing cream to purchase anyways for microneedling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have some
bruising but not worried becusse that just helps with healing although I do need to be social this weekend so hopefully it's gone. I'm back in the gym and wearing makeup too. But I do have a lot of peeling in layers so it's hard to tell how it's looking. But here it is anyway

6185BF79-30F8-4362-952A-DD0E4BDBD1A7.jpeg

CDA478A5-5C89-4FAB-8CB2-AF5C688FA26E.jpeg

The bruises seemed to have settled into the pits that were tethered and thafmakes sense because those areas act as a "pit" for blood to settle and that was also one of the points of incision

D8ACD873-622C-409E-A086-54653B9CC786.jpeg

I can see superficial scars, but I didn't expect them to be targeted with a deep nokor. I ll work on them after this heals . All my tethers do seem to be lifted though.

Edited by Scarredtodepression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, Great to see that you had the treatment done! Please dont forgt to update in about two weeks when the swelling has subsided :) 

PS. Have you considered microneedling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mjjmands said:

Hey, Great to see that you had the treatment done! Please dont forgt to update in about two weeks when the swelling has subsided :) 

PS. Have you considered microneedling?


Yes i will
Dr did do microneedling right after subcision. It did help superficial scars and also this huge scar on my chin from an injury since childhood is completely gone with microneedling . Good lord talk about healing the past. Why do you ask?

  Edited by Scarredtodepression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Scarredtodepression said:

Yes i will
Dr did do microneedling right after subcision. It did help superficial scars and also this huge scar on my chin from an injury since childhood is completely gone with microneedling . Good lord talk about healing the past. Why do you ask?

 
Wow, thats impressive if they really went away. But i think its best towait until swelling is gone before making any conclusions.

Im asking cuz im very interested in these two treatments. We have a doctor here in Sweden who has long time experiences in treating acne scars. He charges 580$ for subcision, microneedling and microdermabrasion. But i think im gonna skip the dermabrasion because i have not read any good reviews from it unfortunately :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really should wait at least a month before reporting the result. Microswelling can linger up to that time. Also full effect of collagen renewal is not known for about 3 months. Make sure you take good care of your skin until then. Collagen can be so damn touchy, figuratively speaking. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ofcourse . I will wait. But with me any progress iS GREAT PROGRESS  with scars 
plus I Am a very positive person . I can almost bring all things into reality by visualizing the outcome I desire. IT really does make a huge difference. When I decide to trust someone's treating me , i go inn with 110 % faith and zero doubts. 
I am a doctor (not Derm)  my self and so I  know what the outcome will look like already.  And how Important it is to have a patient trust you.
I'll be seeing Dr. Rullan again on Wednesday . I live so close to him. Literally 3 miles.  i wish i knew all these years 

Edited by Scarredtodepression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway since the fact that I'm not only a fitness model but also a physician is out, i will stop playing dumb, and would like to elaborate on the very controversial arguments here about nokor vs cannula. They are just types of needles. They are not names of procedures. 
A lot of people think that nokor needle should be used a certain way. No. A nokor needle can be used to perform different procedures in different ways. Usually the physician decides how he would want to use the needle. It's  surgical needle. And cuts more easily through the fibers. However because it is so sharp and rigid, it can't be used flexibly over a large area because doing so can cause the needle to penetrate through the dermis( which we don't want).

Cannula is comparatively  blunt, Harder to cut but again easier to maneuver because it doesn't go past the dermis even with pressure. One can be aggressive with canula too by using the same incision point and going over the area over and over to cut with a rather (blunt knife as a metaphor). It's about the procedure used, not the needle. Sometimes they use a combination. It's really, whatever is best for the patient. IT REALLY COMES DOWN to HOW the procedure performed, the experience and the talent of a aesthetically artistic, yet caring and knowledgeable doctor- not what was used, etc.

Edited by Scarredtodepression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Subcision is great. My scars are holding the same improvements over 8 months that I saw after the first 3-4 weeks when the swelling went down. Hope you have the same long term success I've had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, QuanHenry said:

Subcision is great. My scars are holding the same improvements over 8 months that I saw after the first 3-4 weeks when the swelling went down. Hope you have the same long term success I've had.

That is so awesome! So happy for you and thanks for sharing because reassurance is very motivating and positive energy infusing. Most people don't care to share once they get the results they are gone! I think everyone should have great results. No one deserves to be embarrassed about what hormones did to them for a few months, taking away the ability to be themselves. 

I am still  thankful for the people who looked down on me becusse of my scars and devalued me because they are about to get a punch in their face. Esp the superficial bf  I talked about.  Edited by Scarredtodepression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scarredtodepression said:

I am still  thankful for the people who looked down on me becusse of my scars and devalued me because they are about to get a punch in their face. Esp the superficial bf  I talked about. 

You had surgery what, a few days ago? You have swelling.

Come back in a month or more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChildhoodDreams said:

You had surgery what, a few days ago? You have swelling.

Come back in a month or more.
^^ sure will
Sorry if you are unhappy with your results. 
No one said it's a 110 % success rate. All we are trying to say is, there's progress over time. If it took years to develop scars, certainly won't take a day to go away. Regardless even if it's a 50 % heck even 40 % improvement I'll take it, like I already said. 
Keep your negativity out of my thread. thanks.
maybe  if you change your mindset and change how you see the world and wish for others, it will reflect back on you differently through  the universe. So far the universe is giving you exactly what you are putting out into the world. Sarcasm, negativity, skepticism, doubt. When was the last time you wrote a helpful comment in my thread to help me seek better treatment/outcome, Ike people like BA, Sirius and Quan and many others did? If you weren't there to help when I needed, your opinion on when I should come back isn't needed either. I'll come back when I want to Edited by Scarredtodepression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scarredtodepression said:

However because it is so sharp and rigid, it can't be used flexibly over a large area because doing so can cause the needle to penetrate through the dermis( which we don't want).

I'm happy on your behalf :) and please don't lend ears to negativity and bad manners around here or anywhere. People are not worth the attention if they don't deserve it.

But what do you mean with the above quoted. Penetrate through the dermis by the needle's head surfacing to the surface of the skin due to bad craftmanship? Your results look great 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, incepticon said:
I'm happy on your behalf :) and please don't lend ears to negativity and bad manners around here or anywhere. People are not worth the attention if they don't deserve it.

But what do you mean with the above quoted. Penetrate through the dermis by the needle's head surfacing to the surface of the skin due to bad craftmanship? Your results look great 

What I mean is nokor is not a flexible needle it is thick and sharp. And so causes a lot of trauma.. if used over the same area over and over again and can poke through the hypodermis if care is not taken and pressure is applied in a wrong direction creating a deeper scar .

Where as cannula is thinner and flexible.. and doesn't penetrate hypodermis even with pressure so it can be easily moved in all directions multiple times without too much trauma and still be considered aggressive enough to cut through the fibers .


Yes it takes good craftsmanship to know how deep the fibers extend because not all scar fibrotic tissue end at the same level. If someone didn't get the desired result it's simply because the physician didn't subcise at the necessary level of depth of fibers or went  too deep, missing the actual fibrotic tissue and creating more trauma and thus  new scars with the nokor at the spot of wrong depth of incision during the process of  healing of this new said scar.

Acne scarring and fillers is  about artistry. All doctors can memorize books but not all doctors have  sense of artistry or the skilled hands. Takes natural talent and an artistic eye along with experience, no matter how good of a residency, the doctor went through.

And thank you, appreciate the support.

just quick update 

Bruising has subsided and went to the gym. Have a little makeup on in these pics because I was at the gym.
 Did some cardio and glutes and abs and a good sweat felt soo amazing. Looking at myself in the mirror too felt amazing. Even if "it was swelling". Blah blah . Now that I know the cure of scars trust me I'll make sure I'm scarless of acne scars in a couple years. Yeah it's a journey and may take a few years but i will not rest until I have flawless skin. Because the feeling can't be traded with anything else in the world.
 

 

7A0518E4-17D1-4234-B85B-27B201432ED2.jpeg

F968EC5E-728B-4543-96C3-F823513B08A7.jpeg

Edited by Scarredtodepression

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×