unable to do things I love from fear of being judged
cant Live up to my full potentials in any aspect of my life

Ive tried miceoneedling Tca etc
will subcision help? I'm in Cali please recommend a good reasonable doctor

9C2D038B-AFEC-4F6B-8446-C613E044C7CD.jpeg

359A97A2-6601-4F73-9C8E-EEFC9568DA05.jpeg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/16/2018 4:40 pm

Rf microneedling is supposed to be good on deeper to medium depth scarring but think subcision is standard proceedure that cuts them tethers and helps the skin be released and filler helps control the way the skin retethers and heals,suction is used as an alternative.

takes multiples of any treatment,rf microneedling can be used for collagen production and be used to breakdown scars and then healing process takes over.

if you gonna get a skin dr to do the work,they should be able to examine your skin and pull it and feel it and decide on best for you but these treatments are more likely best.not lasers or resurfacing treatments,we are treating the scar under or in the skin,this is where you want to work till you smoothen out and you will.

it takes ages but if you do right treatment and heal well and look after your skin you will see difference after first couple months but in small %.so a year in you will/should look better but its a long journey as its all in the healing and it takes ages.

so thats the pay route,at home you can needle but dont used roll method,at the minimum use a stamp method but you alternate that with tca peeling but strong % up to 35%ish but wouldnt go stronger,you start of on weak % like 15 and work yor way up increasing % reach peel to reach 35%.

alternate with say 6 weeks min of healing period between treatments and you should get improvement.

we all different and heal different so see how you heal after each treatment.

your asian?

there might be a guide line for asian skinned people to follow like bleaching agent prior to tca peels,if so find out and take precautions,you might have to treat your skin couple weeks before tca peel.
:)

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/16/2018 5:14 pm

Thank you
my Derm offered to do a subcision last year and I didn't know it's value, hopefully he's still up for doing it for me.
Recently got rejected on a first date because my skin looks like a disaster especially when someone looks from the bottom .
straight on it probably doesn't look as bad.
yes now East Asian super prone to hyperpignentation. I'm just gonna invest my time and money on subcision here on out

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/16/2018 5:54 pm

Some people are just like that,they learn that smooth blemish free skin make you pretty,whats a smooth ugly person?>_<

in a year or so let him see you with less blemishs and regret but the worlds full of men and women.

nokor subcision is preferable with filler if you can afford it,if not suction is required.

your pics are blurred so i cant see what can be tca crossed or not,regardless i am sure you gonna need 2-3 sessions of subcision,it depends on how well the treatment is performed and how you heal.once the skin starts smoothing out you could do an rf microneedling session to see if it helps with collagen and filling in the dinks.

dont buy in on lasers,be sure any rf microneedling is insulated,basicly sound off and ask here first,let us know whats on offer and how and you get good advice on what you should get and even about settings,never go to high on energy using treatment.

subcision shouldnt require any skin bleaching,just get it done thoroughly,you need to free the tethers that anchor the skin down and heal the space or fill it out.

skin repair and healing is where the magic lies but correct treatment/method is required for correct result.

we are working under the epidermis here at first not ontop of it,here is where the damage lies so heres where we need to repair.

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/16/2018 7:51 pm

Thank you @Quadboy

I don't want him anymore anyway, but I'll be sure to rub it in.
My doctor agreed to see me Tommorow morning urgently and I'm super happy about that now I just have to convince him to do the subcision on me.
I ll be back Tommorow to report if he agreed. I don't know what kind he ll do but I'll take any right now. And then follow up with more rounds. My face had fat loss before and I've had to have fillers in my cheeks because fat loss with scars looked so bad.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/16/2018 10:45 pm

On 4/17/2018 at 3:20 AM, Scarredtodepression said:

will subcision help? I'm in Cali please recommend a good reasonable doctor

[Edited image out]

Your scars aren't deep, but they're extensive. However, you will still benefit from subcision since I do see some tethering. Dr Rullan in San Diego, according to the consensus, is your best bet. As already alluded, scar remodeling is a long process. Hence, don't expect a miracle overnight. Finally, please do your own homework. Familiarize yourself with what treatments are good for which type of scars.Get to know what each procedure entails. Basically empower yourself with knowledge.

With regards to treatment, I would initially go with SUBCISION + HA FILLER (note: filler is used as a spacer for only the tethered and deepest scars). The goal is to elevate the pits as much as possible. Then evaluate after 3 months. Repeat the procedure, if necessary.

If scars are deemed "moderate" (eg. mild to medium), I would then switch to RF device like Infini, which responds better to mild scars. Also it's a good idea to pair collagen-inducing fillers like Sculptra with Infini for added collagen boost. Finally, a fully ablative erbium laser to smooth out the hard boxcar edges

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/16/2018 11:34 pm

45 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Your scars aren't deep, but they're extensive. However, you will still benefit from subcision since I do see some tethering. Dr Rullan in San Diego, according to the consensus, is your best bet. As already alluded, scar remodeling is a long process. Hence, don't expect a miracle overnight. Finally, please do your own homework. Familiarize yourself with what treatments are good for which type of scars.Get to know what each procedure entails. Basically empower yourself with knowledge.

With regards to treatment, I would initially go with SUBCISION + HA FILLER (note: filler is used as a spacer for only the tethered and deepest scars). The goal is to elevate the pits as much as possible. Then evaluate after 3 months. Repeat the procedure, if necessary.

If scars are deemed "moderate" (eg. mild to medium), I would then switch to RF device like Infini, which responds better to mild scars. Also it's a good idea to pair collagen-inducing fillers like Sculptra with Infini for added collagen boost. Finally, a fully ablative erbium laser to smooth out the hard boxcar edges

Thank you so much! I'll do more research on him and I am definitely luckier that you are not as deep.
you summarized the steps I should go through and that helps a ton thank you! I literally cannot anywhere without wearing a hat because I am so conscious about them!!!!

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/17/2018 1:46 am

Harsher lighting 
this hurts my soul

DE50F2D6-0759-4049-98BF-D98C721C1E8B.jpeg

B28D3374-9EBD-4A98-87A3-B0EC836A8259.jpeg

MemberMember
(@altaf-raja)

Posted : 04/17/2018 4:33 am

In this case you need. Micronedling + Laser Co2 :)

You can accept 80% result in this case because I seen a case like that I'm not a dermatologist but I seen a case he get results hope you will also 

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/17/2018 5:21 am

Naw I wanna go directly for subcision
ive done peels co2 etc that makes my skin worse. I have some scars and fat loss from tca before. My skin is very prone to hyperpignentation too.. and I don't want to waste any more time . I'm sick of dealing with this and put it off way too long trying useless options

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/17/2018 7:18 am

You need subcision.

I can give you a plan PM me.

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/17/2018 9:22 am

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

I will have @Obi wanrespond as well.

You need cannular subcision often called in the USA filler with a cannula using prp, saline, or filler as a spacer. Several sessions.

RF needling should be good for you since it's insulated and works on all skin types.

I would finalize your treatment with a deep peel or fully erbium resurfacing only to the scarred areas. You need a Dr who specializes in your skin type as it's prone to PIH.

You need to prep your skin before any treatment for PIH as you said your prone. I would use hydroquinone or a skin bleaching cream and tretinorin or retin a at nightly for 3 weeks before the treatment and a one week break directly before your treatment date. Vascular laser may be used as well to treat this.

Thankyou! @beautifulambition
Is Dr.rullan good choice for cannula? He is my only option at the moment..
again appreciate your help so much!

Also so appreciate your input @Obi wan!!

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/17/2018 1:47 pm

3C97D46C-B278-410C-9D7E-7BFD213FC54B.thumb.jpeg.29660d62e403b63a91cf8f2bff318908.jpegSo when I went to the Derm he worked on a couple scars. He marked them with a permanent marker and I heard the popping sound which was probably the most satisfying feeling! It's amazing. But he didn't want to do more coz he wants to wait to see how it looks in 8 weeks and if subcision helps. I mean duh it does. But anyway I haven't gone to Dr. Rullan yet. I may, I do have consultation on Thursday. 
My derm doesn't charge me because I know him personally.... and so it's affordable albeit he doesn't want to do it all at once. But that's ok because I wasn't ready to get it done yet anyway. Since I have a few I important things coming up. 

3C97D46C-B278-410C-9D7E-7BFD213FC54B.jpeg

AFEC4240-07E1-4983-A08A-1E81B05C809D.jpeg

He did not give me a suction's cup . Now I have to read up on post subcision care step by step. Any links?

He did not give me a suction's cup . Now I have to read up on post subcision care step by step. Any links?

MemberMember
(@labellavita1985)

Posted : 04/17/2018 3:10 pm

I'm curious about the cheek filler you had that improved the look of your scars. What kind was it? I'm interested in this.

Also, I agree with the other member who said your scars aren't deep. That's a blessing, so don't give up!

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/17/2018 3:37 pm

28 minutes ago, labellavita1985 said:

I'm curious about the cheek filler you had that improved the look of your scars. What kind was it? I'm interested in this.

Also, I agree with the other member who said your scars aren't deep. That's a blessing, so don't give up!

It was Juvederm voluma . It helped with the fat loss on my face which occurred due to repeated gaining And losing weight during prep for my competitions. But it didn't improve scars, just that the scars didn't look as bad as they did when they were in addition to the hollow cheeks.
And thanks girl, the struggle is real but now I'm very hopeful. Can't believe I didn't know about subcision. I've done Tca and micro needle which kinda softened it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/17/2018 4:23 pm

Just use the handpump thingy out the cupping set and use that directly on your scar and suction the subcised areas for 5-10secs for say 3x a day for around 10 days or even 2-3 weeks.then stop and just let your skin heal.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/17/2018 4:31 pm

@ScarredtodepressionYes Dr Rullan is great! Have him do subcision.

Yes Voluma does not "improve" scars it acts as a spacer to raise pitting. Sounds like your talking about surface texture. Talk to Rullan about having a deep peel

I can give you a plan PM me.

BA

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/18/2018 12:01 pm

Weirdest thing about my scars is it looks different in different lighting. And different angles. Someone taller than me would not see them at all unless they get on the bottom ie if I'm on top of them. This guy thought I was perfect he was 6'3 until He saw me from the bottom ie when I was on top. Lmao this got weird sorry but gotta laugh about it.Then he dumped me lmao. I laugh about it and it's ok because if that had not happened I'd Pblly have not tried to make my scars better being disillusioned had they are okay, I've been in denial for so long. Day 2 free subcision on those spots.. everything looks smoother but let me retake tonight with harsher light

@beautifulambitionawesome looking forward to my consultation with him. I cannot wait to go in public without a hat and I'm definitely feeling positive about the effect of subcision on me. It's like God has shown me a new light all of a sudden

@quadboy thank you I'll do that I doubt I have money for fillers right now

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/18/2018 12:18 pm

292ABCF6-1D6C-4838-85D9-14414A41623B.jpeg

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/18/2018 12:42 pm

Need a better day 2 pic so deleted that one

MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/18/2018 2:13 pm

8555AD48-5BA2-47B3-A334-FA627AE2C0D8.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/18/2018 4:01 pm

3 hours ago, Scarredtodepression said:

Weirdest thing about my scars is it looks different in different lighting. And different angles. Someone taller than me would not see them at all unless they get on the bottom ie if I'm on top of them. This guy thought I was perfect he was 6'3 until He saw me from the bottom ie when I was on top

What you see is NOT what others see. When you stand stationary in front of a mirror, you don't see the whole effect. It's when you move your face, that's when the light bounces off your scar, creating a shadow. This is what accentuates the scars. Certain lights tend to make them stand out even more, eg. overhead  light, sunlight. 

3 hours ago, Scarredtodepression said:
292ABCF6-1D6C-4838-85D9-14414A41623B.jpeg

You got the subcision already? Who did your subcision? Did you specifically asked for NOKOR, at least for the lower portion of the face? What about filler?

It looks pretty tame by all stretch of the imagination. No sign of haematoma or seroma. Not much swelling (and most of that seems to fizzled out by the next day). What you needed IMO was an aggressive subcision, which this is not.

MemberMember
(@childhooddreams)

Posted : 04/18/2018 6:00 pm

5 hours ago, Scarredtodepression said:

He saw me from the bottom ie when I was on top .

vs9AG.gif

seattlegal90, Мyth, QuanHenry and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/19/2018 1:56 am

9 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
What you see is NOT what others see. When you stand stationary in front of a mirror, you don't see the whole effect. It's when you move your face, that's when the light bounces off your scar, creating a shadow. This is what accentuates the scars. Certain lights tend to make them stand out even more, eg. overhead light, sunlight.

You got the subcision already? Who did your subcision? Did you specifically asked for NOKOR, at least for the lower portion of the face? What about filler?

It looks pretty tame by all stretch of the imagination. No sign of haematoma or seroma. Not much swelling (and most of that seems to fizzled out by the next day). What you needed IMO was an aggressive subcision, which this is not.

I have to still get Nokor. My subcision was only in the two spots that were marked by pen and so far those scars really smoothed out I am so elated!

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@scarredtodepression)

Posted : 04/19/2018 12:27 pm

18 hours ago, ChildhoodDreams said:
vs9AG.gif

@ChildhoodDreams
Yes, we were dating. At some point that was going to happen and I imagine it will in the future and I would like to avoid any future such situations. Plus do not want to get dumped after being in he situation because of my scars ever again. That is rejection TOPPED with(pun intended) rejection aka depression