Notifications
Clear all

Accutane!!!

MemberMember
(@matthew91100)

Posted : 04/16/2018 4:05 am

So I go to the dermatologist in 11 days finally after waiting 6 weeks for a appointment, I have had my kind set on accutane for over a month of doing research and talking to people, and I cant wait..... its my first appointment at a new dermatologist but not my first dermatologist.... I am going to (idk of this is right) insist her/him to put me on accutane.... and I really dont want to go home without a fight.... Im desperate... if I insist on accutane will they put me on accutane??

MemberMember
(@quicandy)

Posted : 04/18/2018 10:25 am

I believe its up to the dermatologist. And just and FYI, my 17 year old son is on his 3rd month and is doing great. The only side effect he is experiencing is extremely dry lips. Other than that, his acne is slowly going away.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/18/2018 12:30 pm

On 16/04/2018 at 10:05 AM, Matthew91100 said:

So I go to the dermatologist in 11 days finally after waiting 6 weeks for a appointment, I have had my kind set on accutane for over a month of doing research and talking to people, and I cant wait..... its my first appointment at a new dermatologist but not my first dermatologist.... I am going to (idk of this is right) insist her/him to put me on accutane.... and I really dont want to go home without a fight.... Im desperate... if I insist on accutane will they put me on accutane??

It will probably depends on

severity of your acne
The derm themselves
And how badly acne effects you mentally

My derm suggested it as I have moderate adult acne. Also because I said it embarrassed me and I avoid certain social situations.

You'll either be lucky with side effects or not. Some people just have minor effects like dryness, others get complications with back pains and worse.

Depends on dosage as well.

MemberMember
(@matthew91100)

Posted : 04/18/2018 9:06 pm

10 hours ago, quicandy said:

I believe its up to the dermatologist. And just and FYI, my 17 year old son is on his 3rd month and is doing great. The only side effect he is experiencing is extremely dry lips. Other than that, his acne is slowly going away.

How bad was his acne?

8 hours ago, jPablo said:
It will probably depends on

severity of your acne
The derm themselves
And how badly acne effects you mentally

My derm suggested it as I have moderate adult acne. Also because I said it embarrassed me and I avoid certain social situations.

You'll either be lucky with side effects or not. Some people just have minor effects like dryness, others get complications with back pains and worse.

Depends on dosage as well.

I get a few painful pimples, I notice and can feel bumps on my face, i believe most bumps are causing the redness on my face, I have 4 cysts around my neck and I get a persistent cyst on my chest, I too am embarrassed and it emotionally stresses me out, it really gives me low self esteem and etc. ....

jPablo liked
MemberMember
(@saantastic)

Posted : 04/19/2018 7:14 am

On 4/16/2018 at 2:05 PM, Matthew91100 said:

Hi Matthew! I was desperate to be put on Accutane as well (mostly because my acne is cystic and is leaving marks, which is making me have low self-esteem). I am currently on Day 6 of my course. Are you in the UK or US?

MemberMember
(@matthew91100)

Posted : 04/19/2018 8:35 am

1 hour ago, Saantastic said:
On 4/16/2018 at 5:05 AM, Matthew91100 said:

Hi Matthew! I was desperate to be put on Accutane as well (mostly because my acne is cystic and is leaving marks, which is making me have low self-esteem). I am currently on Day 6 of my course. Are you in the UK or US?

I am in the US, how is your course going?

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 04/19/2018 2:43 pm

Is anyone from the UK able to tell me how easy or hard it was to get accutane and what
your derm told you about the drug etc.

I am also interested in hearing about any side effects which occur after you stop taking the meds.

Hope you all participate as this is really important.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/19/2018 3:18 pm

35 minutes ago, hatetane said:

Is anyone from the UK able to tell me how easy or hard it was to get accutane and what
your derm told you about the drug etc.

I am also interested in hearing about any side effects which occur after you stop taking the meds.

Hope you all participate as this is really important.

You have a passionate hate for accutane ma dude

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 04/19/2018 3:32 pm

12 minutes ago, jPablo said:
You have a passionate hate for accutane ma dude

http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Periodic_safety_update_single_assessment/2017/08/WC500234071.pdf

Don't you think people have a right to know about this and that derms should have an obligation to
inform their patients?

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/19/2018 4:12 pm

38 minutes ago, hatetane said:
http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Periodic_safety_update_single_assessment/2017/08/WC500234071.pdf

Don't you think people have a right to know about this and that derms should have an obligation to
inform their patients?

Im not disagreeing. We all know the list of potential side effects. Not every gets them but there's a chance, as with any medication.

MemberMember
(@saantastic)

Posted : 04/19/2018 5:15 pm

8 hours ago, Matthew91100 said:

So far, I haven't been seeing any changes, my face isn't getting dry as I expected it to. But as I'm on 20mg and it has just been 6 days, I reckon the side effects will start to kick in soon. Pretty much the hardest test of patience I have had to go through!

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/19/2018 5:29 pm

13 minutes ago, Saantastic said:
8 hours ago, Matthew91100 said:

So far, I haven't been seeing any changes, my face isn't getting dry as I expected it to. But as I'm on 20mg and it has just been 6 days, I reckon the side effects will start to kick in soon. Pretty much the hardest test of patience I have had to go through!

Prob about 2 weeks you'll notice it.
Im on 70mg and mine came in about day 4

MemberMember
(@saantastic)

Posted : 04/20/2018 7:02 am

13 hours ago, jPablo said:
Prob about 2 weeks you'll notice it.
Im on 70mg and mine came in about day 4

Yes you're right! I hope it's not too bad when it comes!
How's your course going? What day are you on?

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/20/2018 5:58 pm

10 hours ago, Saantastic said:
10 hours ago, Saantastic said:

Week 7. Yeah going ok. Still breaking out tho.

MemberMember
(@matthew91100)

Posted : 04/20/2018 6:57 pm

58 minutes ago, jPablo said:

How are your marks?

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/21/2018 4:29 am

9 hours ago, Matthew91100 said:
10 hours ago, jPablo said:

How are your marks?

They have actually faded considerably in the past few weeks. Check out my log. I'll be posting a new pic on Monday night.

MemberMember
(@saantastic)

Posted : 04/21/2018 7:36 am

13 hours ago, jPablo said:

It'll take time but you'll get the desired results very soon. Hang on!