Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two months ago:6FF087D0-A28B-460A-9805-FE4B4BFF7829.thumb.jpeg.8086aab97a2a948330c5cdbfa1df747e.jpeg
today: E1EA0B2C-91BC-4DB0-8BA2-607686276383.thumb.jpeg.931e1a697671b187473bb9d9444f99b4.jpegSo this girly needs some advice from women who have or are suffering from hormonal acne and have used birth control to control their acne breakouts. 
Background: I have suffered from anorexia for the last 6 years (since I was 16) and due to this I have never properly had my periods, only the occasional one every now and again. However since maintaining my weight, still low but healthy enough (BMI 15, if that is any help to anyone), I have had a massive hormonal breakout. I am guessing it was hormonal as I broke out a month ago at the same time as I was experiencing blood spotting and my boobs had swelled that week. I went to the doctors and he prescribed me Yasmin as I have been having weak periods every now and again since September last year and he thought this would regulate my periods and help my acne settle down. Now when I say I had a breakout I don't mean 3 or 4 spots on my chin, I am currently sitting here with around 20 spots on my face! I have never had a breakout before only the occasional pimple. I am unsure whether to go on the pill I am worried that it will cause my acne to get worse as it has been slowly getting worse and worse since the breakout in early march. I'm already vegetarian but over the month I have cut down on dairy, I'm drinking more water, taking vitamins, drinking green tea, eating more vegetables, I've been using a topical cream named Zineryt (for the last week) and all has led to no results so far! I'm feeling lost on what to do and I already suffer from body dysmorphia, all I now see when I look in the mirror is a girl covered in spots and I need to find a way out of this mess. I'm extremely distressed, cancelling on friends, hiding away, finding myself skipping university lectures etc. Also, it is making my anorexia hard to deal with again as it keeps telling me to just lose weight so my body won't be able to have the energy to produce the hormones. I DON'T WANT TO RISK EVERYTHING I'VE WORKED SO HARD FOR IN RECOVERY, I know I'd be put back in rehab. So any advice would be very much appreciated! Should I start on birth control? Would that be advisable? What were your experiences? I mean the doctor thinks so but he only chatted with me for five minutes so he doesn't fully understand my situation at all. 

Edited by Ellachaston
Added a sentence.

hi ella - i would love to connect.

i am on yaz(generic) for a month and it hasn’t helped yet... i used to take it years ago and it helped immediately but now it’s saying it could take up to 3 months or whatever.. message me!