Notifications
Clear all

How to get rid of these scars/pores?

MemberMember
(@fitemeirlfgt)

Posted : 04/13/2018 9:33 am

My skin has gotten a lot worse over the past year for some reason. I didn't have these scars or enlarged pores a year and a half ago. My routine used to be just washing my face with Biore charcoal face wash everyday then putting Vaseline brand lotion in. Nowadays I use Biore salycylic acid face wash with the same lotion because it gets rid of random pimples before they even show. I've tried a Biore face mask or a week but didn't notice much difference in my skin

Facetune_06-04-2018-16-38-22.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/13/2018 12:08 pm

I suspect something similar to folliculitus is going on here,i suggest you get to a dr and get oral anti biotics or an anti biotic cream,see what happens as i see thinning of your beard and your moustache thatsshowing is thinner in some places.

You got ice pick scarring,some look like they can be tca crossed but some look tiny.if you tca cross the bigger ones,where the end of a toothpick can enter and touch the bottom and then that will help raise them and close them up.then you can spot peel your cheeks (assuming both are similar) or this cheek with 35%ish tca peel,work up from a weak % to 35%ish over several peels and that should help smooth your skin out.

i believe the correct laser will/could help but i am not clued up but most of the scars are high in your skin layers and not deep so they will most likely be good candidates.

dont rush anything without right advice and follow guidelines when carrying out treatments at home.

[Media removed]

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 04/13/2018 4:30 pm

If the scarring gets bad or is resistant to other methods, find a dermatologist who uses Cutera excel V laser treatment. The treatment can also rejuvenate the skin and reduce the size of pores.

MemberMember
(@fitemeirlfgt)

Posted : 04/13/2018 5:39 pm

5 hours ago, Quadboy said:

I suspect something similar to folliculitus is going on here,i suggest you get to a dr and get oral anti biotics or an anti biotic cream,see what happens as i see thinning of your beard and your moustache thatsshowing is thinner in some places.

You got ice pick scarring,some look like they can be tca crossed but some look tiny.if you tca cross the bigger ones,where the end of a toothpick can enter and touch the bottom and then that will help raise them and close them up.then you can spot peel your cheeks (assuming both are similar) or this cheek with 35%ish tca peel,work up from a weak % to 35%ish over several peels and that should help smooth your skin out.

i believe the correct laser will/could help but i am not clued up but most of the scars are high in your skin layers and not deep so they will most likely be good candidates.

dont rush anything without right advice and follow guidelines when carrying out treatments at home.

Thank you for the detailed response! My dermatologist prescribed me Clindamycin Phosphate Topical (usp 1%) a month ago, which I haven't used yet because I wanted to see if there were alternatives before using. The reason being because I'm worried it may purge my skin or cause some kind of breakout right before my graduation or grad photos.
Should I expect a purging period with the Clindamycin if I don't have [severe] acne?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/13/2018 5:57 pm

@fitemeirlfgtAny time a new medication, antibiotic, etc is used there can be purging. Since you have photos there is a easy solution, have someone put some makeup on it if it's a issue. They have HD blurring makeup for camera, you can goto Macy's Dept Store or Sephora. Also Photoshop can be used with these photos sometimes. I have seen some guys use for photos Porefessional blurring primer alone and that does help. Try some out in Sephora.

Vaseline is occlusive - clogging pores that may be a issue. Pores can be caused by excessive oil production, perhaps your skin does not like the products you use. Stop all products and only use water to clean and wash, add them back one by one at a week apart.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/14/2018 1:04 am

12 hours ago, Quadboy said:

i suggest you get to a dr and get oral anti biotics or an anti biotic cream

Somewhat off-topic, but popping antibiotics not only kills the bad germs but the good ones as well. That's how you tip the balance of your gut flora. Isn't this the reason why one ends up with a yeast overgrowth, which is a major contributor to ailments like folliculitis?

MemberMember
(@fitemeirlfgt)

Posted : 04/14/2018 5:34 am

11 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@fitemeirlfgt
Vaseline is occlusive - clogging pores that may be a issue. Pores can be caused by excessive oil production, perhaps your skin does not like the products you use. Stop all products and only use water to clean and wash, add them back one by one at a week apart.

I'll give this a shot!

4 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
Somewhat off-topic, but popping antibiotics not only kills the bad germs but the good ones as well. That's how you tip the balance of your gut flora. Isn't this the reason why one ends up with a yeast overgrowth, which is a major contributor to ailments like folliculitis?

What is a good way to balance it out? Probiotics? Would a a good dose of vitamins be sufficient enough (such as Orange Triad, a multivitamin that I take daily)?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/14/2018 4:05 pm

7 hours ago, fitemeirlfgt said:

What is a good way to balance it out? Probiotics? Would a a good dose of vitamins be sufficient enough (such as Orange Triad, a multivitamin that I take daily)?

Well, my comment was more about the dangers of antibiotics. There are times when antibiotics is absolutely critical to recovery. With that said, I have no idea if you have folliculitis or not.

In any case, probiotics are good, but how are you feeling overall? Are you currently suffering from fibromyalgia or chronic stomach problems? If you do, it might be a symptom of candida. But if not, I wouldn't worry about it. Only reason why I bring up candida is because it can cause folliculitis flareup. Nevertheless, it's not a bad idea to introduce "good" food to help balance your gut, which includes green vegetable and fermented foods like Kimchee and Sauerkraut, as well as Coconut oil. On the other hand, avoid anything with yeast like dairy and alcohol, or those that can become a breeding ground for yeast overgrowth like sugar. The keyword here is "moderation". Small amount is okay, just avoid them in excess amount.