Notifications
Clear all

help me pls!!!

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/10/2018 3:21 pm

hi so i have this spot that has came up on my nose and it started out as a pimple, i messed with it and it became very red and irritated. i went to the dermatologist and she gave me a steroid shot and told me it should be gone in 4-6 weeks. after about 5 weeks it did look less red but was still there. i decided to go back and they said it looked more like a scar and gave me epiduo. they said we could try this for a couple weeks and if no change i could think about lasering. i was way too nervous for lasering because i didnt want to risk something going wrong and causing permanent damage to the scar. so ive been using epiduo for a month and a half. when i first put the epiduo on my nose it does look clear, other than the scar-like texture. but since i put it on at night, i wake up with it looking pink again. (it has helped the spot a whole lot though.....its more pink now then red unless i put moisturizer on or wash my face) should i go back to the dermatologist or keep using the epiduo because i have read that it can take awhile for it to completely clear scars. could lasering cause permanent damage or is it worth the risk? also i have mederma scar removing gel, would that be something that could help? ive seen some bad reviews on that though so i havent tried it yet.

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/11/2018 4:43 pm

someone pls respond :(((((

MemberMember
(@kombucha)

Posted : 04/11/2018 4:59 pm

epiduo is vitamin a, so it won't cause change immediately. It's going to take some time since it exfoliates the skin. just wait it out, and if you see no improvement, consult your derm and ask them more on lasering or if there are any other options

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/11/2018 5:29 pm

thank you so much for replying!!! and about how long should i wait because ive been using epiduo for about a month and a half and it has improved but its still there. and im nervous for in the summer time when i go swimming without makeup because i dont want to have to be worrying about the spot. do you think it would be gone by then or is there a faster option?

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/11/2018 5:33 pm

1 minute ago, rachel02 said:

thank you so much for replying!!! and about how long should i wait because ive been using epiduo for about a month and a half and it has improved but its still there. and im nervous for in the summer time when i go swimming without makeup because i dont want to have to be worrying about the spot. do you think it would be gone by then or is there a faster option?

Usually 3 months is recommended to wait for a treatment to produce results

Is differin not mainly used for PIH and PIE (red marks)

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/11/2018 6:40 pm

1 hour ago, jPablo said:

okay and what do you mean about PIH and PIE??

1 hour ago, jPablo said:

also do you mean in 3 months it will look better or it will be cleared/completely gone

MemberMember
(@ksg604)

Posted : 04/11/2018 8:22 pm

1 hour ago, rachel02 said:
okay and what do you mean about PIH and PIE??

PIH refers to brown and black marks while PIE refers to red or purple marks.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/12/2018 12:45 am

6 hours ago, rachel02 said:
okay and what do you mean about PIH and PIE?? also do you mean in 3 months it will look better or it will be cleared/completely gone

@KSG604 as per above. Red or brown marks left after acne.

No one knows if it will be cleared in 3 months, 3 months is just a good time frame to see if a product will work, so that includes a good improvement from your previous state.

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/12/2018 5:47 am

5 hours ago, jPablo said:

No one knows if it will be cleared in 3 months, 3 months is just a good time frame to see if a product will work, so that includes a good improvement from your previous state.

okay thank you for your help. one more question which would work better with my case, mederma scar removing gel or epiduo?

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/12/2018 6:17 am

30 minutes ago, rachel02 said:
5 hours ago, jPablo said:

okay thank you for your help. one more question which would work better with my case, mederma scar removing gel or epiduo?

or if theres another thing you would recommend me trying that could be faster?? i mostly want the redness to go away. the texture isnt bothering me as much, though if there is something that could get rid of both that would be great. im just ready for this to be gone :(((

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/12/2018 6:59 am

40 minutes ago, rachel02 said:
or if theres another thing you would recommend me trying that could be faster?? i mostly want the redness to go away. the texture isnt bothering me as much, though if there is something that could get rid of both that would be great. im just ready for this to be gone :(((

Dont have any experience with mederma, used epiduo years ago. Differin is good for red marks etc. But everything will take time regardless. If it's just one spot annoying you don't worry too much, I have a forehead covered in nodular acne lol I've been waiting for months for it to clear on accutane.

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/12/2018 7:14 am

14 minutes ago, jPablo said:
56 minutes ago, rachel02 said:

Dont have any experience with mederma, used epiduo years ago. Differin is good for red marks etc. But everything will take time regardless. If it's just one spot annoying you don't worry too much, I have a forehead covered in nodular acne lol I've been waiting for months for it to clear on accutane.

okay thank it so much for your help. if epiduo doesnt improve the spot in another month or so ill try differin.

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/14/2018 9:20 am

one more thing, how many times should i apply epiduo a week?? my dermatologist told me to start out with twice a week and maybe go to 3 or 4 times unless the spot gets irritated and ive been doing it every other day now. should i try everyday or stay every other day??

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/14/2018 12:45 pm

3 hours ago, rachel02 said:

one more thing, how many times should i apply epiduo a week?? my dermatologist told me to start out with twice a week and maybe go to 3 or 4 times unless the spot gets irritated and ive been doing it every other day now. should i try everyday or stay every other day??

Trial and error. You build it up. If it doesn't irritate you then try everyday. But at any sign of irritation then reduce the usage to every other day.

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/14/2018 1:01 pm

okay and i have tried it on other small pimples that have come up but even with a thin layer it gets red and irritated. but on the scar on my nose it doesnt at all so i may try everyday.

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/14/2018 3:39 pm

and also i read that if you tanned that the scar would become more noticeable because it wouldnt get tan. is that true or would it be okay because im so pale and i want to tan but i dont want the scar to become more noticeable.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/15/2018 4:38 am

12 hours ago, rachel02 said:

and also i read that if you tanned that the scar would become more noticeable because it wouldnt get tan. is that true or would it be okay because im so pale and i want to tan but i dont want the scar to become more noticeable.

Tanning isn't a good idea. It'll make your acne more red than what it usually is. And will prolong red marks. How do I know? I tried it. When the tan starts to fade the marks will still be visible

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/15/2018 8:12 am

3 hours ago, jPablo said:
16 hours ago, rachel02 said:

Tanning isn't a good idea. It'll make your acne more red than what it usually is. And will prolong red marks. How do I know? I tried it. When the tan starts to fade the marks will still be visible

okay thanks so much for your help!!! ill update in about a month to see if the epiduo has worked

oh and one more thing is it okay to put just an everyday moisturizer on the spot or should i avoid getting anything in it.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/15/2018 10:26 am

2 hours ago, rachel02 said:
okay thanks so much for your help!!! ill update in about a month to see if the epiduo has worked

oh and one more thing is it okay to put just an everyday moisturizer on the spot or should i avoid getting anything in it.

its fine to moisturise. I just find that my moisturiser just makes them more red and tend to avoid applying over them. But again that's my experience.

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/15/2018 10:31 am

okay thank you so much

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/25/2018 5:15 pm

hey still no improve in the last 2 weeks. i was thinking about things i could try and i read some good reviews about the aztec clay mask, but for mostly active acne. would that maybe help me acne scars or is there something more effective i could try??

MemberMember
(@rachel02)

Posted : 04/29/2018 8:18 am

On 4/15/2018 at 10:26 AM, jPablo said:

its fine to moisturise. I just find that my moisturiser just makes them more red and tend to avoid applying over them. But again that's my experience.

hey still not a lot of improvement in the past few weeks using the epiduo. how long is it supposed to take applying the epiduo every other day on acne scars because ive been using it for about 2 months should it be cleared up by now?? please respond