Notifications
Clear all

Hyperpigmentation on dark skin help

MemberMember
(@amber364)

Posted : 04/06/2018 12:33 pm

Hi all so I™ve suffered from acne for probably 2 years now and it just seems to be getting worse, probably my own fault from lack of patience etc but now I have all these horrible dark marks. I™m 13 and feel so uncformatable at school and in public. My acne isn™t completely cleared but it™s getting their. Can anyone help with how to get rid of these marks as soon as possible, i now it™s not a quick fix but what Can I do? ximage.thumb.jpg.71be2b04529ee04c71ef0f2c70e4cb35.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.31acad29f250e8ff56ef554c981f4d7c.jpg

MemberMember
(@sabii)

Posted : 04/23/2018 1:40 am

Hi Lovely Amber,

Have you been to the dermatologist?
I think If you did go to the dermatologist they would recommend 0.025% Tretinoin cream (apply small pea-sized amount once a week, then two times a week then three times a week etc until your skin builds tolerance to it and eventually apply it nightly & ensure you wear sunscreen in the morning). Also, because your complexion is darker, you have Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation - so Hydroquinone in conjunction with Tretinoin will work well. Apply tretinoin, wait 30 mins and then apply Hydroquinone.
Natural remedies you can try include honey mask and aloe vera gel straight from plant.

Goodluck sweet girl and know that you're not alone.

Regards,
Sab

MemberMember
(@i099)

Posted : 10/07/2018 8:10 am

Try using African Shea butter on your marked areas every night.