Notifications
Clear all

On Accutane

MemberMember
(@raz101)

Posted : 04/06/2018 9:34 am

Hi Guys,

I am currently on my second cycle of accutane. however, i have loads of acne scarring which i want to get rid off. ive suffered from acne since the age of 12 and now am 27. Although the first cycle of accutane helped, there was alot of scarring left.

I want to know does the DERMINATOR work and is it safe to use whilst on accutane

i have been reading on the product, seems to work, wanted your opinions and reviews.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/06/2018 1:52 pm

I would not Derminator while on Accutane, the skin is fragile. Some take longer to heal. You could get rf microneedling, filler, and subcsion as these don't hurt the epidermis repeatedly (Derminator is a monthly thing), thus less healing to deal with. For the Derminator wait till after your done.

BA

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 04/06/2018 7:15 pm

What is your Accutane dose? Newer research suggest you can get some scar treatments while on low dose Accutane. Dr Davin Lim, for example, believes in this new research and does treat patients on low Accutane doses. The research is peer-reviewed and Davin Lim has a YouTube video explaining the research. You still need to wait with more aggressive treatments, such as fully ablative lasers, because they are harsher on the skin.

Would I get treatments while I'm on my 10mg Accutane? Personally no, I wouldn't risk it and still wait six months. That is just my own personal judgement.