Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does Tretinoin cream actually help very shallow scarring

My doctor prescribed me tretinoin cream for my acne scarring. He said he only saw hyperpigmentation (no dents, holes, etc.). However, I think that one of my scars definitely has some very shallow scarring, almost like it’s missing a thin layer of skin. After using the cream for 2 weeks only on the scars, I noticed that the thin layer of skin seemed to be growing back in. However, now it seems like it’s back to where it was before—more noticeable and missing a layer of skin.  Has this ever happened to anyone? Is this just the process that comes with using tretinoin? Please let me know your experiences!

Retin A / Tretinorin does help shallow scars. You probably need some light acid peels as well. If the Dr only saw hyperpigmentation then that is not scars it's reds and browns, or wounding post acne. Shallow scarring can heal with time. It takes time to replace the layers of skin. Everyone is different. Let it heal and then do some peels if you need. There is glycolic acid. 

9 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

Retin A / Tretinorin does help shallow scars. You probably need some light acid peels as well. If the Dr only saw hyperpigmentation then that is not scars it's reds and browns, or wounding post acne. Shallow scarring can heal with time. It takes time to replace the layers of skin. Everyone is different. Let it heal and then do some peels if you need. There is glycolic acid. 

do you have any idea how long it takes to work? im confused why i saw some improvement then it went back to how it was before.