Notifications
Clear all

Kenalog for small raised scar from incision

MemberMember
(@fluffykitten)

Posted : 04/01/2018 4:26 pm

Ugh, my doctor drained a cyst by making a small incision into it with his scalpel. (I had asked him not to do this and he did anyway.) Now there's a small raised scar, maybe 2-3 mm in radius. The area around it is still hyperpigmented from the cyst itself, but that usually goes away.

Would getting a kenalog injection into the raise area help, or will it just cause a depression? I'm thinking of going to Novick for this.

Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/02/2018 5:56 am

@FluffykittenNovick should know how to treat this. He is experienced. If it does den't they can use filler even though they resolve by themselves with time as well. Novick would be very dilute with the injection if he feels it's appropriate.

MemberMember
(@fluffykitten)

Posted : 04/02/2018 6:02 pm

12 hours ago, beautifulambition said:
@FluffykittenNovick should know how to treat this. He is experienced. If it does den't they can use filler even though they resolve by themselves with time as well. Novick would be very dilute with the injection if he feels it's appropriate.

Thanks, BA. I'm confused though about why filler would treat a kenalog scar.

Again, the kenalog came from a small incision rather than from the cyst itself.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/03/2018 9:56 am

If they uses to much kenalog steroid and make a indent. They have to dilute it. Novick knows how to treat it so should not be a issue. Just in case...

MemberMember
(@fluffykitten)

Posted : 04/10/2018 1:29 am

On 4/3/2018 at 10:56 AM, beautifulambition said:

If they uses to much kenalog steroid and make a indent. They have to dilute it. Novick knows how to treat it so should not be a issue. Just in case...

Ah, I understand. Thanks.