Notifications
Clear all

Are avocado oil chips bad for acne?

MemberMember
(@goo2tea)

Posted : 03/31/2018 9:04 pm

I have tried to stay away from eating chips for a couple years now. But I really love chips (and by that, I mean almost ANY kinds). And so every once in a while, I would eat a small bag of Doritos. And of course, I would get a few huge and painful pimples a couple days later. I recently discovered avocado oil potato chips (Kettle brand). I'm wondering if I would break out from eating that. Has anyone had it before? And is it safe to eat? Also, are there any other "healthy" option chips that won't cause break out? I can stay away from eating gluten and dairy products. But I really love chips and acne has prevented me from eating what I love, which really sucks. I see people with perfectly clear skin enjoying bags of chips and bread and wish I could be like them...
Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!!

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 03/31/2018 9:46 pm

I feel your pain. I broke out from eating chinese food (pepper steak eith pork fried rice) for 3 days straight and broke out horribly on the 4th day. Sucks when you cant eat what you love and see others doing so.

I literally have dropped my "diet" to eating only:breast only chicken, kale/spinach, and avocado. I am determined to see what causes me to break out and what doesnt and SLOWLY introducing foodsinto it.

maybe you should try buying the bag and eating only a small portion of it? Or, look at the sugar content of it to see if its high in sugar? Do you break out when you eat alot of sugary foods or dairy products?

MemberMember
(@goo2tea)

Posted : 03/31/2018 9:55 pm

3 minutes ago, Ludadubz said:

I feel your pain. I broke out from eating chinese food (pepper steak eith pork fried rice) for 3 days straight and broke out horribly on the 4th day. Sucks when you cant eat what you love and see others doing so.

I literally have dropped my "diet" to eating only:breast only chicken, kale/spinach, and avocado. I am determined to see what causes me to break out and what doesnt and SLOWLY introducing foodsinto it.

maybe you should try buying the bag and eating only a small portion of it? Or, look at the sugar content of it to see if its high in sugar? Do you break out when you eat alot of sugary foods or dairy products?

I haven't touched milk in years so I'm not really sure if dairy is the cause. But I tend to get a few pimples after eating string cheese. And I know there are alternatives to chips like kale "chips" or sweet potatoes. But to be honest, the taste is not close to potato chips at all. I'm so jealous of people who can eat whatever they want and still have flawless skin. I just wish that I can at least enjoy my favorite foods every once in a while without constantly stressing and thinking that this maybreak me out, you know?

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 03/31/2018 10:11 pm

I know exactly what you mean. After my last break out, I literally am keeping a log of what i eat every day and keeping track of my break outs also (if they occur). I went out with my kids to an aquarium today and took them to a restaurant to eat and i literally only had a bottle of water while I watched them eat...lol. shit sucks, man...I now only eat once a day also. I will get a handful of kale/spinach and one baked chicken breast and will eat only that for the whole day. I have been doing that for a week and a half and I have so far not broken out like I would before (knock on wood). But i know that i cannot continue to do that so I am searching for additional foods to add and I am thinking that I will NOT eat foods that have any type of dairy or SUGAR. Finding foods that dont have dairy is easy, but foods without sugar GOOD LORD...so far It has been a pain...

what type of food do you eat?

MemberMember
(@goo2tea)

Posted : 03/31/2018 10:22 pm

5 minutes ago, Ludadubz said:

I know exactly what you mean. After my last break out, I literally am keeping a log of what i eat every day and keeping track of my break outs also (if they occur). I went out with my kids to an aquarium today and took them to a restaurant to eat and i literally only had a bottle of water while I watched them eat...lol. shit sucks, man...I now only eat once a day also. I will get a handful of kale/spinach and one baked chicken breast and will eat only that for the whole day. I have been doing that for a week and a half and I have so far not broken out like I would before (knock on wood). But i know that i cannot continue to do that so I am searching for additional foods to add and I am thinking that I will NOT eat foods that have any type of dairy or SUGAR. Finding foods that dont have dairy is easy, but foods without sugar GOOD LORD...so far It has been a pain...

I know the sugar part is very painful. I try to cut back on gluten and white rice. So I started to eat quinoa. And also, I make sure to have a side salad with each meal, except for breakfast. I also put some lemon slices in water and drink it throughout the day. I am very sensitive to gluten. Eating a slice of bread will give me several pimples. I really miss the taste of bread...haha... Acne really sucks. But I've heard that taking probiotic supplements can help. Have you ever tried that? I bought a bottle of Kombucha or other fermented drinks. I've read some articles online saying that drinking Kombucha helps acne. But those kinds of stuff are super expensive.

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 03/31/2018 11:49 pm

1 hour ago, Goo2Tea said:
1 hour ago, Ludadubz said:

I know the sugar part is very painful. I try to cut back on gluten and white rice. So I started to eat quinoa. And also, I make sure to have a side salad with each meal, except for breakfast. I also put some lemon slices in water and drink it throughout the day. I am very sensitive to gluten. Eating a slice of bread will give me several pimples. I really miss the taste of bread...haha... Acne really sucks. But I've heard that taking probiotic supplements can help. Have you ever tried that? I bought a bottle of Kombucha or other fermented drinks. I've read some articles online saying that drinking Kombucha helps acne. But those kinds of stuff are super expensive.

I have not tried probiotics. I have an unopened pack of cuterele (may have misspelled it) 10billion but am wary of taking it. So far my new "skin care regimen" is me using panoxyl 10% acne foaming wash and i have been taking minocycline 100mg twice a day for almost a year now . I have read that it is important to take a probiotic while taking antibiotics, but I am still wary of taking it because I saw posts of people breaking out from using probiotics. This site has alot of information on stuff, but at the same time this site can be very discouraging when you read comments from folks on whatever new medicine, supplement, etc that you want to try becsuse there is ALWAYS negative reviews towards everything lol