Notifications
Clear all

HELP! am I purging or breaking out?

MemberMember
(@mgf1)

Posted : 03/30/2018 9:44 pm

Hi! I just want to know if my skin is irritated or not. I just need to know what is going on with my skin.

background:
Currently, I am going through some blood test to find out what is going on with my hormones (i've had my period for 3 weeks and have never had a regulated period). I have an IUD in right now (copper) so i don't have any hormones regulated. Other than that I've always struggled with acne. ALWAYS. I cannot read my skin anymore. There was one day a couple years ago my whole face flared up with cystic acne and it has never been the same since.

my question:
I am trying a new product which is reneerouleau anti-cyst treatment which has lactic acid (known for purging) my face is covered with closed comedones and cystic acne. After using it for a couple of days the closed comedones has turned in pustular acne and some of my cystic acne has a pustular top. Does that mean my skin is currently purging due to the product?

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 06/04/2018 9:26 am

Hi, yes that sounds very likely, because the acid takes off the top layer of skin, causing the deeper acne to come to a head faster. This should speed up its life cycle and healing process.

I notice you posted a while ago; how did it go in the end?