Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi! I just want to know if my skin is irritated or not. I just need to know what is going on with my skin.

background:
Currently, I am going through some blood test to find out what is going on with my hormones (i've had my period for 3 weeks and have never had a regulated period). I have an IUD in right now (copper) so i don't have any hormones regulated. Other than that I've always struggled with acne. ALWAYS. I cannot read my skin anymore. There was one day a couple years ago my whole face flared up with cystic acne and it has never been the same since.

my question:
I am trying a new product which is renee rouleau anti-cyst treatment which has lactic acid (known for purging) my face is covered with closed comedones and cystic acne. After using it for a couple of days the closed comedones has turned in pustular acne and some of my cystic acne has a pustular top. Does that mean my skin is currently purging due to the product? 

Hi, yes that sounds very likely, because the acid takes off the top layer of skin, causing the deeper acne to come to a head faster. This should speed up its life cycle and healing process.

I notice you posted a while ago; how did it go in the end?