Notifications
Clear all

Did you grow in height after taking Accutane as a teen

MemberMember
(@lustycoconut)

Posted : 03/28/2018 5:18 pm

I am just wondering if Accutane does really stunt growth and if so what dosage was taken when it occurred and how long you were taking it for.

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 03/29/2018 8:19 am

Taking such a drug at that age will very likely stunt your growth, not only your height but also the growth of your genitals.

MemberMember
(@lustycoconut)

Posted : 03/29/2018 7:56 pm

Are you serious thank god i havent taken it what sources did you get this info from thanks.

L-CoCo

MemberMember
(@vtr)

Posted : 04/04/2018 1:16 pm

On 29/03/2018 at 2:19 PM, Duperele said:

Taking such a drug at that age will very likely stunt your growth, not only your height but also the growth of your genitals.

Very likely stunt your growth, come on, stop scaring the hell out of people. Do you have any evidence whatsoever to suggest that this is very likely?

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 04/05/2018 1:11 pm

Best discuss with doc/derm and they can advise. Lots of studies on Accutane. Try Google Accutane and growth, maybe there is something that can give you an answer which is reliable, not like above comment.

I'm on accutane and I'm not against it. Ask a professional if unsure

MemberMember
(@draci)

Posted : 04/07/2018 4:40 am

I took Accutane when I was 15 years old. I am 14 years post Accutane now and I have experienced joint and bone issues. I wouldn't say that it stopped my growth but that is certainly a possibility. It is written in the PIL that Accutane can lead to premature end in growth. Accutane has many side effects related to the bones.