Notifications
Clear all

Adapalene .3% Acne Scar Improvement Study. Whats been your experience?

MemberMember
(@novai95)

Posted : 03/27/2018 8:24 am

Interesting study on Adapalene .3% curing acne scars: 

[Link removed]

acne3.gif?resize=648%2C498

**For those of you who have tried Differin .3%, did you see your acne scars improve over time?**

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/27/2018 12:49 pm

@Novai95We regularly say to use retin a, tretinorin, or Differin at night when not treating for scarring. I have not heard it "treat" all but the most light scarring. It's a tool you add in with the other acne scar treatments to stimulate accelerated healing. It's not going to fix established scar tissue, maybe make it a bit less.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 03/28/2018 1:07 am

I've used Epiduo forte (2.5 benzoyl peroxide and .3 adapalene) for a couple years now. It won't give you what you want for scarring but it's been great for my skin overall.

Everyone here should probably be using a retenoid anyway.

MemberMember
(@raster)

Posted : 03/28/2018 1:36 am

Retinoic acid has been the best thing I've ever done for my skin. I dunno if it actually improves atrophic scarring, but my skin looks so much better when I started retinoids. Most noticeable are my pores, which have shrunk SIGNIFICANTLY since I've started. They used to look dilated, like rows of icepicks. But now, you won't even notice them unless you look really close.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 03/28/2018 1:39 am

I agree. Retinoids improve the general quality of your skin, which helps to lessen the visual impact of scaring.