Notifications
Clear all

What would your life be like if you never had acne?

MemberMember
(@koloz)

Posted : 03/26/2018 8:24 pm

What would be different about your life if you never had acne?

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 05/01/2018 1:58 pm

My life would be worse if i did not have acne.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 05/02/2018 6:58 pm

would of had a better time at school.

would of been more confident, probably had a couple relationships with girls.

better jobs. more friends.

my life would be 99% better

MemberMember
(@btstae)

Posted : 05/05/2018 8:39 pm

probably have wayy more friends

MemberMember
(@rakimaki99)

Posted : 12/13/2019 5:55 pm

more friends, more trust in humanity, better health, more motivation to carry on, more sex for sure, more girls, better social abilities

the only upside of this is i learn to be more compassionate towards other unlucky people, also need to find a way to not set my worth on the way i look, even though i get 100% validation of its imporance

cognitive dissonance at ist best

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/06/2020 6:23 pm

Hmmm, good question. I would probably be richer,for sure. I wouldn't have such a short fuse in my 20s, so I wouldn't burn so many bridges. I would probably never work out cause I'll be so okay with how I look I'd not change anything. I'd have more confidence in myself. Probably wouldn't look for validation so much. Wouldn't waste my time staring at a mirror all the time and get on with life. Wouldn't hate changing rooms, lifts and overhead lightsso much. Would be much more cocky. Would be less witty. Might actually be kinder to bullies.

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 01/06/2020 11:39 pm

A lot less stress and more time focusing on shit that matters. But i've been able to see acne for what it is - a disease with roots in the gut. And science will confirm that sooner or later.

If I had known earlier in life what I know now about the microbiota, my whole way of life may have been different if I'd taken it seriously sooner. It's hard to know. But what I do know is that if you're looking to fuck up your gut, then the american way of eating can do so with unparalelled efficiency.

Eric98 liked
MemberMember
(@kait1591)

Posted : 01/19/2020 12:22 pm

my life would definitely have been easier. but i hesitate to say better

i always try to remember everything happens for a reason and i wouldn't be where i am today if it weren't for everything that has happened in my life. like the butterfly effect.

my life would've been a lot less stressful, like a lot

but then i try to find the good in things and i remember that have acne has taught be many many lessons

patience, endurance, faith, trust, hard work, self love, self acceptance, bravery, popper diet, etc.

and i will forever be grateful for this incredibly bittersweet journey b/c i know w/out it i wouldn't be me, i wouldn't be as string as i know im becoming, and i would've had to learn these lessons another way

another quote that helps me remember that is : sometimes not getting your way (in this case perfect skin) is a wonderful stroke of luck