My acne

MemberMember
(@christyan)

Posted : 03/25/2018 5:14 am

I have quite a few dark spots on my face. I have these purple pimples on my chest and back. I have this red inflamed type of acne. I tend to get the occasional cyst every now and then. I have these white heads that are at the edges of my face. I have scars too. I'm 15. I don't get it, it's not genetic. No one in my family has ever had acne. I have been having acne since I was 13.

I have tried everything. Everything. Prescriptions, commercial merchandise, diets, natural remidies, oils, masks, spin brushes. I don't know what to do anymore. I am despeate to find anything that can help. I have heard about Accutane, but I have heard reviews about its results.It doesn't work for everyone, and regardless, you have to go through a tough and long process. I'm not even considering anything to do with a laser. It's not very comfortable going to school, and having to show my face. I get embarassed to see myself in the mirror.

I like to talk to my friends, but I feel so insecure when I get near them. I know they won't bother me or isolate me, but I have a skin condition. It's common, but still a condition. I really hope I can repair the damage of acne. Itruined my life. The texture of my face is jagged and uneven. I feel like my face could be considered a geological monument, not in a good way.

I hope you guys know something out of the ordinary. Please anything at all. My dermatologist just gives me creams, they literally don't do anything. In fact they make it worse. My skin turns red, starts to dry and peel; so bad, people think I have eczema, including me. So please, any advice will do. I don't want to have to resort to the extremities. I hope you can help me.

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 03/26/2018 4:15 pm

What kind of cream did your dermatologist give you? Have you ever tried Pro-Activ or Rodan and Fields Unblemish? I used Pro-Activ when I turned 14 after trying everything and suffering with acne - I feel your pain. I was one of the only friends who had acne, and I felt embarrassed trying to hide my skin. Pro-Activ was a lifesaver when I was a teenager....and now that I'm in my late 20's, Rodan and Fields is my go to (made by the Pro-Activ doctors). If you have any questions, let me know! I'd be happy to help; I know how awful it is living with acne.

Christyan liked
MemberMember
(@christyan)

Posted : 03/26/2018 6:01 pm

Thank you, it really is awful. It really helps to get some enlightenment from somebody else who actually understands.

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 03/27/2018 12:29 pm

If you decide to try out either regimen, let me know if you have any questions.