Notifications
Clear all

HELP

MemberMember
(@leadclear)

Posted : 03/24/2018 5:35 pm

Hi,

Ive never started/posted on a forum before, so thought I would give it a try.

Basically, Ive had acne since I was 11-12 years old. When I was 14, it got pretty bad, so I eventually went to the derm a couple years later and they proscribed me aczone. Ive been using it for almost 2 years and my forehead/temples/(upper)cheeks are completely clear. HOWEVER my chin will just not stop breaking out. I feel like my chin has never been clear and cant even remember what it used to look like. I get cysts a lot and used to just get them before my period, but now they come more frequently. I also get these little bumps that are skin colored and seem harmless but they eventually turn into whiteheads. I also break out a lot on my lower left cheek near my jaw and sometimes along my upper/lower jaw on both sides.

Im 98.9% sure this is hormonal acne. Ive been on soo many forums and have read so much. I know that you have to treat acne from within, its not just a superficial concept. It still bothers me how some people, evenderms, areso naive and believe that its not internal and only an external problem. I actually was prescribed birth control a few months ago and its just been sitting on my shelf because Ive been so apprehensive about taking it. I know it may help your skin short-term but in the long run like when you get off of it I know your skin goes crazy and I just want to do whats best for my skin in in the long run, even though its tempting.

What Im trying to say is I just need some advice/help on natural/any way(s) to treat, or anyone who has a similar situation.I honestlycant deal with it anymore. I hate wearing makeup and having to apply all this concealer every time I step out of the house. Its so, so depressing and really makes me feel beyond crappy. I know were all looking for answers and I could have it worse, but I just want to know if anyone has any real advice for hormonal acne.

Thank you so much if you read this, I would insanely appreciate any help.

MemberMember
(@satixog)

Posted : 03/26/2018 4:53 pm

Hi, I™m pretty sure I also have hormonal acne however I don™t have it on my face, I have it on my back. I first noticed acne coming on my back when i was 14, I was prescribed some antibiotics and topical medication which completely cleared my skin however about 4/5 months later it came back. I™m now 17 and About 3 weeks ago I started a 5 month roaccutane course and I™m hoping will completely cure me of acne 

I understand how you think doctors can be naive when it comes to acne and I completely agree with you. However saying that I™m pretty confident that birth control does really help  clear up acne. Accutane is also supposed to eat to best drug at clearing up acne so I would definitely ask your dermotologist about starting a course.
Hope this helps a little it :)

MemberMember
(@leadclear)

Posted : 03/31/2018 5:35 pm

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

yes, I also have some acne on my back and pretty sure chest/back acne is caused by hormones.

wow, that must have been great! But yes, it seems like so many things are only temporary fixes/not long term which can be so frustrating. Good luck with accutane ! Hopefully it will help- how severe is your acne? I dont think mine is severe enough for accutane since its such a powerful drug but hopefully you will find some success with it.

I feel so conflicted about birth control. My periods are also all off whack, so maybe it could help regulate them. Im a natural-is-better person but if I dont find some answers soon I might just have to get on the pill already.

thanks again and good luck to you ! Keep me updated.