Notifications
Clear all

Living in hell - HUGE acne wound on chest

MemberMember
(@alexbridgeman)

Posted : 03/22/2018 9:10 am

I took steroids in 2017 and got some acne on my chest from it. Thats the first picture. That was it in November. I stopped taking steroids then. By December it looked like the second picture. I was on antibiotics but nothing was working. By january it looked like the third picture. By February it looked like the fourth. And now it looks like the last picture.

i have been kept overnigt in hospitals, seen derms, i go to a dressing clinic every second day to get the dressing changed. Im an 18 yr old white male. There is no healing. I quit smoking. Im seeing my derm again tommorow. Can anybody give me suggestions, possibly maybe skin graft surgery? I cant live like this anymore, havent gone to the gym in 6 months, this wound has taken over my life. I was diagnosed with acne fulminans but i dont even think i have that now as all my acne is completely gone its just this now

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_1703.PNG

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_4287.PNG

IMG_4321.JPG

IMG_4322.JPG

Antonio22 liked
MemberMember
(@antonio22)

Posted : 05/11/2018 1:31 am

Hey Bro, I dont speak english so good so i Will try to understand. I know how you feel,I had the same thing but a little stronger a little over a year ago. The doctor give me Isotretinoina, a very strong medicine. I start to have this in August 2016. Now,only scars remain that I plan to hide with a tattoo. Be strong Bro.

MemberMember
(@anon8037479)

Posted : 06/05/2019 8:12 pm

what happened? is there anyway to contact me ? i need help bc im currently going through this .

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/05/2019 8:56 pm

Your problem is 99% likely to be caused by fungus. Fungal outbreaks caused by taking steroids and by taking antibiotics. Steroids and antibiotics destroy people's immune systems and the fungus takes over and causes serious infections.

You probably now also have secondary bacterial infections on top of the fungal infections.

I do not usually suggest oral or other systemic treatments for fungal "acne" as they are dangerous, but your problem is so serious that you will need systemic, (possibly injected) antifungals to control it. You have a much more serious problem than fungal acne. FUNGUS IS DANGEOUS WHEN IT GETS TO THE SITUATION THAT YOU HAVE>

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU FIND A DOCTOR WHO UNDERSTANDS FUNGAL INFECTIONS AND YOU GET TREATMENT FOR WHAT IS 99% LIKELY TO BE A FUNGAL INFECTION NOW

Your immune system is compromised from the steriods and antibiotics, and fungal infections are VERY DANGEROUS for people with compromised immune systems. Get treatment for the fungal infection NOW - YOU WILL NEED TO FIND A DOCTOR WHO UNDERSTANDS FUNGAL INFECTIONS AND THESE CAN BE HARD TO FIND. Most doctors do NOT understand fungal conditions and they make them worse and worse by prescribing antibiotics (and steroids).

Where do you live ?

Also wash your chest in chlorhexadine wash (Hibicens) to prevent (secondary) staph infections. And NEVER TOUCH YOUR CHEST WITHOUT TWICE WASHING YOUR HANDS FIRST. WASH YOUR HANDS AFTER BLOWING YOUR NOSE AND NEVER TOUCH YOUR NOSE AND THEN TOUCH YOUR CHEST.

PLEASE FIND A DOCTOR WHO UNDERSTANDS FUNGAL INFECTIONS AND GET TREATMENT NOW

MemberMember
(@okroute66)

Posted : 06/20/2019 1:29 am

The forgotten fix for every possible infection. Silver. There is not a "bug" that can survive silver. Everything from yours to my knuckle morbid infection multiple antibiotic rounds final diagnosis amputation same for crossover to separate finger same first knuckle. Thankfully something inspired my brain, I gathered two one ounce 99.99 fine silver bars and using 12 volt battery electrolysis and mild salt water i made free silver coffee filter strained and lackedtechnical resources to talk the blogger's blabbering about form nano meso or etc. etc etc. 24/7 soaked gauze wrap and days later my fingers were once again mine. The origin of being born with a silver spoon in theirbaby mouth meaning wealthy was because upper class people had easy affordability to give baby a silver spoon to suck on... to HARMLESSLY kill off invaders. DISREGARD the blue skin tone bs. The invasive infection will yield to silver. Large area or not. Soak gauze apply tape on perimeter I used ace bandage and plastic shopping bags and tape as necessary. Faithfully keep soaked 24/7 regardless of any issues. Silver will NOT harm you others, the environment or other materials. You will be amazed. There may well remain the original base cause of the infection separately. This author's original post is worth understanding thoroughly and asking him for direct advice. Do the silver soak and you are more than halfway plus to recovery. Plus you kerp your ribs sternum, lungs.... if you simply can not make the free silver over the counter pharmacy's have 55 parts per million (example Curad) antimicrobial gel mine was unknown but many times stronger and the 55 ppm will take longer. Protect gel (no water or other) in place as i did and refresh as needed. Best!

MemberMember
(@drycrane)

Posted : 10/19/2019 1:18 pm

look up "acne fulminans"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK459326/

there r more sites that show detailed treatments and studies.

dermatologist needs to know exactly how to treat this condition. otherwise they make this condition worse!

"first, high dose of prednisone only treatment till all the open sores are healed.

after thatadd 10-20mg of accutane. only increase accutane if there are no flare ups.

prednisone have to be tapered off not abruptly stopped."

I'm not a doctor or anything. I'm just a mom with ason who hassimilar condition.

my son's acne(body and face) got worse under 2 dermatologist care. first one with antibiotics ( this condition is often antibiotics resistant) , second one with accutane.

both derma didn't know or never seen or treated hiscondition.

i researched online for days and found the condition called "acne fulminans" very similar condition my son had.

third dermatologist, i called ahead to make sure she knew what " acne fulminans" is.

luckily she did and she confirmed it was "acne fulminans" when she saw him.

he started the treatment with her and slowly but surely improving.

i hope you get right treatment soon. i do not know if you have what my son hasbut your condition looksvery similar to his.

with right treatment you will get better. hope you find a right doctor that can treat your condition.

best,

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 10/21/2019 12:56 pm

Damn bro, that's wicked. Don't know what to say, other than good luck.