Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zafirah

White spots on skin

Posted (edited)

I got these like white spots on the skin where I had a breakout before..that area of the skin is really dry and peeling as well. Does anyone know what this could be? Could the pigment in the skin come back?

Edited by Zafirah

Posted

I've answered this question before. You ask if they were hypertophic. I told you to goto a dermatologist. IT could be several things. Pigment can come back naturally for some people over a long time. Others need dilute steriod shots to flatten them. There is medical tatooing if your skin does not resolve in a years time, uvb and growth hormone, latisee is a good treatment to try before that and you microneedling and put it on the skin (it takes several sessions), excismer laser. You can wear makeup over your skin as well to cover this.

Please see the FAQ on hypertophic scarring and the skin section on lost pigment.

Posted
On 3/22/2018 at 11:10 AM, Zafirah said:

I got these like white spots on the skin where I had a breakout before..that area of the skin is really dry and peeling as well. Does anyone know what this could be? Could the pigment in the skin come back?

They dont seem to be hypertrophic cuz i heard hypertrophic scars are raised. The skin is smooth, poreless and white and it really freaks me out cuz i dont think these will fade with time

Posted

Then they are hypopigmented, your picture looked differently. See the skin section and hypopigmentation. Goto a Dr please who specializes in scars.

Posted

I did visit my dermo but he wouldn’t give a proper answer. They appear to be white spots surrounded by a dark one and it seems flat to the touch, but theres a hard lump underneath if you press it. Could it be internal scar tissue?