Notifications
Clear all

Humidity, pollution, or hardwater causing acne?

MemberMember
(@xoxoem)

Posted : 03/21/2018 3:19 pm

So, I just spent the past 5 months living in Barcelona, Spain - and my skin got progressively worse as I was there. I was breaking out non-stop, with large cysts. I would also wake up every morning to a few white heads. I didn't change my skin care routine at all when I was there. I was starting to feel hopeless about my skin..

I believe my breakouts were caused by either:

Humidity
Pollution
Hard Water

Well, I just got back home, to Northern Nevada, a very dry, arid region and my skin has cleared up considerably in a matter of days. I literally cannot believe how much better my skin looks!! The texture has improved dramatically, and it looks like I have healthy, normal skin again. It just feels less inflamed. And when I wake up my face isn't drenched in oil.

I wore make-up for the first time in a while last night and I just could not believe how good my skin as looking

Do you think the humidity in Spain was causing my skin to break out so bad? I also think it could be the high levels of pollution, or the hardness of the water. It's weird though because I spend a considerable amount of time in Germany (also a humid place) a few years ago and my skin was pretty clear for the most part. What gives?

Do any of you break out due to humidity? or hard water? or pollution?

MemberMember
(@kixhikari)

Posted : 03/21/2018 4:50 pm

Weather, food, pollution, water, stress, exhaustment, more generally speaking way of living... So much things can cause acne/ skin problems.

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 03/22/2018 4:21 pm

Could be stress or there could be hormonal changes.