Notifications
Clear all

How user dependent is infini?

MemberMember
(@horus)

Posted : 03/19/2018 1:41 pm

It seems like infini is being recommended alot lately. And was recommended to me in a previous post I made. I was wondering how user dependent it is. I can only find one doctor near me offering it. It's pretty cheap there.($500 a session) but I'm worried that they are not very experienced with it. They couldn't show me any pictures of their own, just the ones from lutronic. So I'm wondering if its worth travelling to find someone more experienced or not. They didnt tell me what settings they would use, but on here I was told it would have to be conservative because i have low mid facial fat. Im worried about getting fat loss or other bad side effects.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/19/2018 2:30 pm

@HorusLook outside of Infini. Vivance, Secret, Intracel, Intensif, I sure I am forgetting a few. Look for rf microneedling. I don't know where you are but the brand is location dependent. Some are more popular than others in various areas. Find someone with more experience yes.

The reason we mention it often now days, is it stimulates collagen and is very controllable by the "right" practitioner. It's insulated unlike laser which doctors push (less side effects). Works on every skin type.

If you have fat loss get Sculptra injected throughout before your treatment. It will stimulate more collagen growth.

Horus liked
MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 03/19/2018 3:22 pm

It is very user dependent, just like all scar treatment options. For example, lasers have their time and place, but many dermatologist only have one machine and they are not proficient at matching the laser setting with the patient skin tone. Infinite rf would be the same. Quite a few variables to consider, as you don't just turn it on and go.

I would travel to find someone experienced That is a massive red flag that your dermatologist can't show any pictures of his own, only the company pictures. That is your cue to run!

As BA mentioned, they're many brands and infini is a brand, not a technique. Look for rf microneedling and best of luck!

Horus liked
MemberMember
(@horus)

Posted : 03/19/2018 5:03 pm

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep searching for someone with more experience.

ScarRight liked
MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 03/19/2018 9:05 pm

Anytime someone can't show you pictures, it's a huge red flag. Showing pictures from the company brochure is totally pointless.

ScarRight liked
MemberMember
(@obi-wan)

Posted : 03/24/2018 6:32 am

BA is correct, Intracel and Intensif can be equally as good, if not better in some situations. The name says it all with Infini - one can adjust treatment level from one to twenty , that is measured in watts, the duration of energy from zero to one thousand, and zero to 3.5 mm in depth. This combined with a variable spring rate, makes it very user dependent.. Get it right, its great, get it wrong, it can lead to bad things. Not many devices are overpowered now a days, but this is one of them, good in the correct hands. Intracel is also insulated, but the downside is that it only reaches 2 mm and needles are only one third the number of Infini. Intensif is good, best motor of all the devices. Secret is probably the worse. A good operator will alway change the settings during the procedure, depending on the feel of the device and the nature of your scars. More resistance means you have more fibrotic scars, and hence parameters need to be optimised. With RF microneedling, its more use dependent that device.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 03/25/2018 7:10 am

Not sure if this was posted but this is a good research paper on infini.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4134659/

MemberMember
(@amp2695)

Posted : 04/01/2018 7:01 pm

I would say do more research before getting it, and dont judge a book by its cover. I am currently receivig infini from a place that doesnt look to "upscale" turns out the aestetician is in good communications with lutronic and dr. Weiner, she knew the new protocols for energy and pulse duration. Pretty much now its accepted that low energy (3-4) but long pulse durations (300-450) allow the heat to spread out way more. When high power is used the heat just crumbles around the needle and doesnt spread anywhere.