Notifications
Clear all

Doxycycline and Diane 35 - any stories about improvement? No improvement? Tell me your experiences with it!

MemberMember
(@sarbear97)

Posted : 03/16/2018 2:08 pm

Hey guys, I'm going to try to not make this too long.
I visited my dermatologist and her resident in mid-January for severe and persistent cystic acne. After the resident got me all excited about the possibility of finally getting accutane, my dermatologist decided I should try doxycycline 100mg twice a day in combination with Diane 35 and a benzoyl peroxide cream. I reluctantly agreed, knowing she's the professional and that accutane is a pretty intense drug. I started taking it right away and have been very consistent and strict with it. My question is, when will I see results? I noticed initially it helped a bit but now my skin doesn't seem to be getting any better - one pimple goes away, a new one takes its place. It wasn't very bad on my back or chest but now I have pimples all over my back, arms,chest and even my legs! My skin is so red, dry and flaky. My eyelids hurt if I don't put on a cream right after a shower or washing my face. I got a nice large rash all over my chest and neck. I know these are all side effects of both medications, but is my acne going to go away anytime soon? Has anyone been on this combination of medications and and seen results? I don't think I can deal with it for much longer.
I'm using cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and first aid beauty moisturizer along with the glamglow mask for acne (i know it's a little harsh on sensitive skin but it gets rid of all my redness!) Is there any other products I should be using? My dermatologist only said cetaphil and a good moisturizer so that's what I stuck with but now I'm wondering if anything else might help.
Sorry, this is such an incredibly long post for only a few questions but I feel like if my acne doesn't start cleaning up soon i'm going to have a breakdown. I never want to leave my room because I feel like people are staring and my self-confidence is at an all-time low! Hopefully, someone else has been put on this regimen and had success!

MemberMember
(@ek20)

Posted : 04/02/2018 5:10 pm

My dermatologist advised the same meds for my daughter but with the addition of a typical lotion called dalacin t and a wash called hibiscrub (available from high street shops).

I can't say which is working but we're on week 9 or 10 now and the improvement is definitely showing.

She is only 14 but is on the contraceptive pill to try to control the acne and doxycycline 100mg a day.

On 16/03/2018 at 7:08 PM, sarbear97 said:

Hey guys, I'm going to try to not make this too long.
I visited my dermatologist and her resident in mid-January for severe and persistent cystic acne. After the resident got me all excited about the possibility of finally getting accutane, my dermatologist decided I should try doxycycline 100mg twice a day in combination with Diane 35 and a benzoyl peroxide cream. I reluctantly agreed, knowing she's the professional and that accutane is a pretty intense drug. I started taking it right away and have been very consistent and strict with it. My question is, when will I see results? I noticed initially it helped a bit but now my skin doesn't seem to be getting any better - one pimple goes away, a new one takes its place. It wasn't very bad on my back or chest but now I have pimples all over my back, arms,chest and even my legs! My skin is so red, dry and flaky. My eyelids hurt if I don't put on a cream right after a shower or washing my face. I got a nice large rash all over my chest and neck. I know these are all side effects of both medications, but is my acne going to go away anytime soon? Has anyone been on this combination of medications and and seen results? I don't think I can deal with it for much longer.
I'm using cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and first aid beauty moisturizer along with the glamglow mask for acne (i know it's a little harsh on sensitive skin but it gets rid of all my redness!) Is there any other products I should be using? My dermatologist only said cetaphil and a good moisturizer so that's what I stuck with but now I'm wondering if anything else might help.
Sorry, this is such an incredibly long post for only a few questions but I feel like if my acne doesn't start cleaning up soon i'm going to have a breakdown. I never want to leave my room because I feel like people are staring and my self-confidence is at an all-time low! Hopefully, someone else has been put on this regimen and had