Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
f93d

Subcision/cross progress - before/after - Success Story

On 9/19/2019 at 4:40 AM, tryinghard123 said:

i have done subcision, needling, excisions, punch grafts, lasers the lot etc with just about no results at all..thanks

Did you do subcision with filler?

so you think chemabrasion can make a big difference to texture right?

ice pick scar:  yes i did subcision with filler 2 times absolutely no results...

So are there any scars that it fully eliminated ( I use the word "eliminated" in the sense that they are now imperceptible, not gone)?    

On 9/24/2019 at 12:31 PM, charisma786 said:

Is phenol good for scarred pores? 8 fraxel repairs and several needling sessions haven't been able to correct those for me. 

Yes, 80% improvement on the ones I tracked.

11 hours ago, dazzed said:

So are there any scars that it fully eliminated ( I use the word "eliminated" in the sense that they are now imperceptible, not gone)?    

Probably not under a microscope, but visually yes a lot of textural scars disappeared completely after the chemabrasion, especially on my left side. My pitted right side hasn't had as much luck, and unfortunately it will be loaded up with filler to flatten out the rest of it. Volume loss makes things difficult.

Yeah, I think any kind of resurfacing at most will only help the smallest, textural scars.  Volume loss can only be addressed by fillers of some sort because the deficit is too great.   

That said, if it managed to smooth out a lot of textural scars that's quite impressive.  To me, that is the hardest to improve because they can be individually small, but so widespread that it can have a tremendous impact on the perception of your scarring.   Sometimes it's almost better to have a few bigger, deeper scars than an entire face of tiny scars.  

Can't wait to see your new pics after the latest round of fillers.  

What comments have you been getting recently?  Your improvement has been so impressive people must be telling you things left and right.   I know you said before that people gave you lots of positive unsolicited comments, which I think we all agree is probably the most honest.   

Edited by dazzed

20 hours ago, f93d said:

Yes, 80% improvement on the ones I tracked.

Probably not under a microscope, but visually yes a lot of textural scars disappeared completely after the chemabrasion, especially on my left side. My pitted right side hasn't had as much luck, and unfortunately it will be loaded up with filler to flatten out the rest of it. Volume loss makes things difficult.

When are you going to fill your right side pits with filler? Good luck!

On 9/27/2019 at 12:02 AM, dazzed said:

Yeah, I think any kind of resurfacing at most will only help the smallest, textural scars.  Volume loss can only be addressed by fillers of some sort because the deficit is too great.   

I am having recent success with subcision in combination with aggresive microneedling. Granted, all of my scars are on my temples and forehead, so i cannot speak to cheek areas.  I have just always seen fillers as temporary (except sculptra). I made a post a few weeks ago about having success with the microneedling 6 days after subcision, and I can actually say my scars have improved noticeably since then.  The volume loss is much less, and the surface is nearing flatness. I am having another canula subcision 2 weeks from today, and am planning on doing the same microneedling with the same serums 6 days after, and I will let you now if I see another significant improvement. I am hoping to get my scars to as flat as possible so that when I am ready to do the phenol peel, it will not be necessary to do the chemabrasion or "scraping" part and it will only be a str8 up Phenol Peel.  The textural issues mentioned with the abrasion part of chemabrasion kind of scare me. I could be wrong about this, but as I understand it, Dr. Rullan scrapes or abrades the edges of the pitted scars, in order smooth things out as much as possible, or does he scrape or abrade the entire scar to help maybe produce collagen ??? Again, I am hoping to just do the Phenol peel w/o the abrasion, but I am just curious.

Hey f39d

Looking great man, your success has inspired me to seek similar treatment with Dr Rullan - so thanks for allowing us to follow your journey.

ive got 1 question - I got in for my 2nd subcision in a few weeks, but this time with the inclusion of Sculptra - do I suction after this treatment? No other HA filler will be added as of yet.

Thanks for your time! 

On 9/27/2019 at 2:23 AM, Icepick Scar said:

When are you going to fill your right side pits with filler? Good luck!

It's done. Dr. Emery in Thousand Oaks, CA is phenomenal, anyone who lives in the Los Angeles area and needs filler, I recommend her.

On 10/7/2019 at 9:50 AM, Emotionallyscarred said:

Hey f39d

Looking great man, your success has inspired me to seek similar treatment with Dr Rullan - so thanks for allowing us to follow your journey.

ive got 1 question - I got in for my 2nd subcision in a few weeks, but this time with the inclusion of Sculptra - do I suction after this treatment? No other HA filler will be added as of yet.

Thanks for your time! 

I would always suction after subcision. No clue about the Sculptra part, never tried it. I don't see a problem though.

--

@McPoopy Scoopies not sure. But before considering doing only the phenol peel, read Dr Rullan's publication. It says it's not as effective.

--

Voluma update, took this snapshot a bit over a week ago. I've already done the Volbella + localized subcision, but this picture is just for the Voluma, 1 week post. Downtime was like a day, it was a deep injection.

voluma.png.f67cec7d14d36b1219b2c8d1e90b3c3c.png

On 10/9/2019 at 9:44 PM, f93d said:

It's done. Dr. Emery in Thousand Oaks, CA is phenomenal, anyone who lives in the Los Angeles area and needs filler, I recommend her.

I would always suction after subcision. No clue about the Sculptra part, never tried it. I don't see a problem though.

--

@McPoopy Scoopies not sure. But before considering doing only the phenol peel, read Dr Rullan's publication. It says it's not as effective.

--

Voluma update, took this snapshot a bit over a week ago. I've already done the Volbella + localized subcision, but this picture is just for the Voluma, 1 week post. Downtime was like a day, it was a deep injection.

voluma.png.f67cec7d14d36b1219b2c8d1e90b3c3c.png

Would you suction the same night after doing subcision + CROSS with Dr Rullan or would you only do subcision (no cross) and then suction later that night with the numbing still going on?

9 hours ago, LotsToLearn said:

Would you suction the same night after doing subcision + CROSS with Dr Rullan or would you only do subcision (no cross) and then suction later that night with the numbing still going on?

Wait for the swelling to subside a bit, usually 2 - 3 days, then suction. I wouldn't suction if I did cross.

scholar.google.com -> subcision suction method

On 10/14/2019 at 11:01 PM, f93d said:

Wait for the swelling to subside a bit, usually 2 - 3 days, then suction. I wouldn't suction if I did cross.

scholar.google.com -> subcision suction method

Thanks for letting me know! I'll be having treatment in 3 weeks.

Would you combine at-home microneedling (w/derminator) with suction or would you only do suction by itself post treatment, 2-3 days later