Notifications
Clear all

Legit topical tretinoin

MemberMember
(@eva_li)

Posted : 03/13/2018 3:30 pm

(I searched for this before starting this topic but didnt find the right answer)

So I wanna start using topical tretinoin to tackle my textural problems before starting medium/deep peels later this year. But Retin-A is not available in Europe.

Sure, we have prescription topical tretinoin creams, there is one I could get (doctors in family). However the mildest is 0.05% strenghth. I was thinking I better start with 0.025% = safer?
The other ingredients in this cream are:alcohol, macrogol 600, vitamin E, butylhydroxytoluene, butylhydroxyanisole, liquid paraffin, hydroxyricinomacrogol, carbomer, sorbic acid, methylparaben, aroma, trolamine, purified water.
It is marketed as an acne treatment, not anti-aging/scar treatment. Therefore I am worried whether it won't be too drying for my skin due to the other ingredients but I'm not so good yet at identifying what different ingredients do. I just googled alcohol is not part of Retin-A but in this one it obviously is.

Else, I started looking into alternatives on the internets.
A topical that seems to be a prescription med almost everywhere in the world and here I can buy it online for a few bucks? Hmmm, huge red flag. What do you guys think?

Are there any legit tretinoin products I can get online? Or I better get the one that's available here, even if it is stronger than I would prefer for the start?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/14/2018 4:48 am

This can be bought on Ebay. Lots of Tretinorin gel and cream there. Differin is sold Over the Counter. I am sure you could have it shipped to you by Amazon Canada / UK or whatever.

If you can get 0.05% strength by a family friend, do that. That is fine. Just use moisturizer to make it less if you need 50/50 disillusion. Does not matter that it's marketed as a acne treatment.

MemberMember
(@motherofms)

Posted : 03/14/2018 10:29 am

5 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

If you can get 0.05% strength by a family friend, do that. That is fine. Just use moisturizer to make it less if you need 50/50 disillusion. Does not matter that it's marketed as a acne treatment.

This is a good idea if you can only get .05%. Avita and Renova are other brands thattretinoin is sold under in some parts of Europe. Don't forget the sunscreen. : )