Notifications
Clear all

What+to+do+next/first..

MemberMember
(@nina22)

Posted : 03/13/2018 11:12 am

Hey All,

I am wondering what treatment to do next as the first one: Infini RF or subcision with fillers for my scars?
(BA has already advised both of these could work for me.)
I am not sure if my scars are tethered, as they disappear when i stretch my skin, and most of them are quite superficial..
I have already done CO2 fractinal laser few times, and also one treatment with Dr. Chu (Dermapen + TCA corss + subcision - which was unfortunately not done on my biggest scars at the front of my right cheek (first two photos) -  I am confused about fillers for these, since Dr. Chu did not think subcision was needed there..).

Thank you for your advice.

IMG_6324.JPG

IMG_6326.JPG

IMG_6288.JPG

IMG_6294.JPG

IMG_6335.JPG

IMG_6335.JPG

IMG_6323.JPG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/13/2018 12:10 pm

The ones in the middle of the cheek need filler and subicsion or you can instead do filler on the cheek bone to pull up the skin & jaw to stretch the skin since they disappear. Two different options.

After I had that done I would get RF microneedling a few times, and wait for my next round of sub and filler when it had run out.

Then start with your tca peels, or a deep sedated peel. Another option is fully ablative erbium resurfacing. I personally for your scars would not do fractional laser anymore, just RF microneedling.

Space things out 3 months apart.

BA

MemberMember
(@nina22)

Posted : 03/13/2018 12:55 pm

@beautifulambition Thanks for your answer again ^_^ isn't individual, rather than whole cheek, subcision better as this can also help to heal/fill scars overtime? Also, by 'scars in the middle' do you mean those mostly visible on my first 2 photos or rather those more on the right side? 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/14/2018 4:58 am

@Nina22Both are good actually. You can do field subcision and do individual subcision. The broad one is used regularly for filler in the cheeks. When it comes to someone like your case of textural scars, Individual sub may have limited effectiveness and then the broad approach would help. For your scars in the middle individual would help. IT's hard to judge which would work and wouldn't without directional lighting and shadows. The bigger scars tend to work better, but small ones can work too. IF they are too shallow sub won't help that much. Chu will know what to do. I know he does not do filler. Field subcision can be done by your expert injector.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 03/14/2018 8:07 am

You had one treatment with Dr Chu? Just out of curiosity, did you see any significant improvement from his treatment? Did the previous fractional Co2 laser ordered any improvement?

MemberMember
(@nina22)

Posted : 03/14/2018 8:55 am

@beautifulambition OK, i think for the few deeper once subcision and filler will be needed, but the more superficial scars, can´t they be treated by Infini alone?

Also, in case I decide to have Infini first, how long do I have to wait before subcision and filler?

Dr. Chu did not subcise my biggest scars and I am not sure if he would do it next time if I tell him I want to have filler there.. as he doesnt care for fillers..
Also he seems to love Dermapen while many others say it takes ages to work.. if he is so good why does he disregard biostimulatory fillers and Infini as these 2 methods seem to be recommended as the most efficient (along with TCA cross)?
I mean I undestand the Infini machine is a big investment at his age.. but fillers are easy.

I am actually thinking of seeing Dr. Thriene in Munich now, as he does sub plus fillers for acne scars, I have seen 2 posters here recommended him, so wondering if he could be a good choice..

@ScarRight yes, I did one treatment 8 weeks ago, and I cant say if ive seen any improvement for sure , actually, at first I was scared that some of my crossed scars got worse but now looks the same ..

fractional laser in the past helped with texture, my skin was softer and pores smaller, etc.. but the depressions stayed the same.. (i used to do it once a year for like 4/5 years.. when I was acne free, from the age of 21+ after the Roaccutane treatment) still no acne or skin problems now 8 years later..

Also, when I was 17, I had a fully ablative laser done, end even this didnt help my bigger scars seen on the first two photos, it actually mostly helped the red/purple pigmentation but I only had few deep scars back then to be fair, and after that I had some more acne and many more new superficial scars...
so overall verdict - lasers not worth it unless it is just for texture, they might have soften my scars a tiny bit..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/14/2018 9:44 am

@Nina22
Sure go see Dr. Thrien, there are probably several other doctors who do subcision, you can research and find them, ... being a explorer of the unknown. Call and email. Yes Superficial scars can be treated with Infini and textural scars like yours. I could do subcision and filler first. You could try scrulptra which is stimulated by Infini but you would have to have this injected though-out first.

Dr. Chu is popular because it's impossible to find subcision in Europe so I have been told, he is cheap for what he does. No one has to get filler at the same place as their subcision. He may not be the best choice for you. Prp which he does with subcision does help some people a small percentage, but not predictably like filler.

Actually fillers are not easy. They are very hard, it takes a artful eye (filler is artistry / subcision is not). There was a article recently about how bad some injectors are and make the face look terrible. Subcision is predictable and a easy surgical procedure.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 03/14/2018 3:19 pm

On 3/13/2018 at 9:12 AM, Nina22 said:

I am wondering what treatment to do next as the first one: Infini RF or subcision with fillers for my scars?
(BA has already advised both of these could work for me.)

What @beautifulambitionadvised is sound but one thing to note is that subcision usuallydo not respond all that well for mild scars like yours. In this scenario, I would prefer to go with (1) injecting Sculptra, (2) wait until collagen stimulation kicks in (takes about 4 weeks), (3) then go get Infini or other RF energy devices.

MemberMember
(@nina22)

Posted : 03/14/2018 5:25 pm

@Sirius LeeHey, thanks for your input. I think that at least 4 of my scars on the first 2 photos are moderate not mild as they can be noticed from social distances (50cm) I mainly want to get rid of those and then maybe 3/4 on sides, really hope subcision can work there as it already helped my biggest scar - (I had it in the middle of my left cheek - last photo, and now can be barely seen there..) The superficial once are not that eye catching so can work on them later.. I am a bit scared of Sculptra as it cannot be dissolved should a problem arise and of course the lack of experts in Europe who treat acne scars with fillers - Sculptra sounds even more advanced. I will try individual subcision with HA first for my deepest scars and hopefully some new method will come soon.. Just read about tropoelastin fillers to be marketed by Allergan for acne scars, etc next.. hopefully @beautifulambitionwill get to test them soon.