Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JJ-storm

Duac and AHA+ glycolic acid?

I am going to start using AHA+ glycolic acid (10%) from acne.org soon. I will also still be using
benzoyl peroxide (Duac Once Daily (Benzoyl Peroxide 5%, Clindamycin 1%).

The acne.org regime uses 
Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide – 2.5%) instead of 5% and there is no 1% clindamycin in it. I am not buying the acne.org benzoyl peroxide. If after applying my Duac once daily gel that has 5% Benzoyl peroxide and 1% clindamycin, I apply the acne.org AHA glycolic acid on top of that, could that lead to bad reactions as the acne.org regime uses 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and then AHA glycolic acid on top of that and they are supposed to compliment each other and there is no mention of use of 5% Benzoyl peroxide.

I am worried that my treatment which has 5% BP and 1% clindamycin may either make the glycolic acid work less or it may not be as effective. I definitely cannot give up the 5% BP Duac treatment and can't afford to lower the BP does to 2.5% as my skin is used to it and needs it to keep acne under control.

Will acne.org's AHA glycolic acid 10% still be effective if I use (Duac Once Daily (Benzoyl Peroxide 5%, Clindamycin 1% underneath it?

Many thanks

If it works with the 2.5% it will work with 5%... i cant tell if it interacts with the clindamycin, but if u ask me there should not be any problem. just wait 20 mins after applying the duac, then apply the GA.